You may own your favorite D/A Converter already. It may be not the latest and greatest, but you like its sound and its looks and features. So you don’t like the idea of getting another DAC just to be able to connect your computer. This is where Weiss Engineering's interfaces come in. They allow you to connect any DAC to any computer. And in a decent way, with the computer slaved to the internally generated clock with absolute bit transparency.
The Weiss INT204 is a USB to AES/EBU (unidirectional) interface. It also handles DSD to PCM conversion, thus if a DSD files is played on the computer the INT204 converts the DSD data to PCM at a selectable sampling frequency and word-length. Your trusted D/A Converter thus all of a sudden becomes a DSD capable DAC.
- Mechanics: The INT204 is housed in a silver anodized aluminum frame.
- Power Supply: Two power sources are required for the INT204. One is the bus power fed via the USB connector, the other is an external power supply which is supplied with the INT204 unit. This scheme allows to have the input and output sections of the INT204 galvanically isolated.
- Synchronization: The sampling frequency is generated with an internal generator in the INT204. This makes sure the transfer between computer and D/A Converter is low jitter.
- Digital Input: A USB type B connector is used a connection to the computer.
- Digital Output: There are one XLR socket, one BNC socket and one RCA socket. BNC and RCA sockets are driven by the same driver chip.
- Front panel controls: There are eight LEDs for sampling frequency display and power status. A switch allows to select the sampling frequency when doing DSD to PCM conversion (176.4 or 88.2 kHz). Another switch selects the word-length when doing DSD to PCM conversion (24 or 16 Bit). A power switch handles the power on/off for the external power supply input.
- Back panel elements from left to right: There is a power inlet for the external power supply, the USB connector, the three output connectors (BNC, RCA, XLR).
- Software features: The INT204 can do DSD to PCM conversion at selectable sampling frequencies and word-length (88.2 or 176.4 kHz and 16 or 24 Bit). The DSD input is in the DoP format with a sampling frequency of DSD64 (2.8224 MHz).
Power: External power supply, requirement is 6…9V at 0.15 A
- Depth: 16,5 cm
- Width: 10,5 cm
- Height: 4,4 cm
- Height with feet: 4,7 cm
Available Color: Silver
Digital Input: (1) USB type B connector
- (1) BNC connector
- (1) RCA connector
- (1) XLR connector
- Word-length up to 24 Bits
- Supported sampling frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz
- Sampling frequency is generated internally
- Supported sampling frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, DSD64
DSP algorithms: Conversion from DS64 to PCM at 88.2 kHz or 176.4 kHz and 16 Bits or 24 Bits
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Weiss INT204.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields