Universal Audio LA-2A Electro-Optical Classic Compressor
Audio professionals revere the LA-2A. The original was immediately acknowledged for its smooth, natural compression characteristics. A unique tube-driven electro-optical attenuator system allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion — an accomplishment at the time, still appreciated today. This faithful Universal Audio reissue marks the rebirth of the Teletronix LA-2A. Painstaking care has been taken to ensure that every new LA-2A provides the performance characteristics of the original. Each unit is point-to-point hand-wired and built in Scotts Valley, California, with every component carefully evaluated for authenticity. As a result, today’s LA-2A will bring the same legendary compression characteristics of the original to all of your recordings.
Each unit is hand-built and hand-wired in-house at UA with each component being carefully evaluated for authenticity. No expense has been spared to guarantee that this LA-2A will bring that classic sound to your recording. Demand the original. Accept no copy.
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Lag free, distortion free optical attenuator system
- Distortion less than 0.5% THD
- 0 to 40 dB gain limiting
- Balanced stereo interconnection
- Frequency response 1 dB, 30 to 15,000 cps
- Output level of 10 dBm and 40 dB gain
- Low noise – less than 70 dB below ±10 dBm output
- Hand-built in USA
- Input impedance: 50, 150, 250, 600 ohms
- Output load impedance: 50, 150, 250, 600 ohms
- External connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- Frequency response: +0/-1 dB 30 Hz to 15kHz
- Gain: 40 dB ±1dB
- Input level: +16 dB maximum
- Output level: +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion: Less than 0.5% THD (0.25% typical) at ±10 dBm
- Noise: 70 dB below +10 dBm output level
- Attack time: 10 milliseconds
- Release time: 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter: dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power requirements: 35 watts, 120/240 volts, 50/60Hz
- Weight: 13 lbs.
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
I cycle through a lot of gear in my studio. I bought my first LA-2A from Vintage King ten years ago. It was magical out if the box, but I had it modded to restore key tubes and components used in the original units. It works. All I can say is gear comes and goes in my rack; the LA-2A has gained a sister, and the BAE 1073’s and the LA-2A’s never go anywhere. Period.
The best !!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Universal Audio LA-2A Electro-Optical Classic Compressor.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields