Universal Audio 1176 LN Classic Limiting Amplifier
The Universal Audio 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier is a modern reproduction, yet every effort was made to remain faithful to UA founder Bill Putnam Sr.’s visionary design and intentions. The original UA 1176LN was a major breakthrough in limiter technology — the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance with a signature sound — and set the standard for all limiters to follow. The ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound have lured legendary artists and studio moguls alike to the 1176LN — Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, Joe Chiccarelli, Vance Powell, and Mike Elizondo are just a few names on a list that’s continued to grow, for nearly 50 years.
- FET-Style Compressor with Class A Output & Custom Transformers
- True to the original 1176 in design, manufacturing and performance
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- Ultra fast attack time – 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
It was a dream come true! I have always wanted this compressor to sit along my LA-2A and now I have accomplished it. Best compressor I have ever worked with and easy to use, it will blow you away!
Nothing else does what this box does. If you need this flavor, get the real thing.
Every professional studio should own one
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Universal Audio 1176 LN Classic Limiting Amplifier .
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields