TK Audio DP2 Stereo Microphone Preamp – No Longer Available
The TK Audio DP2 is a unique hybrid design including both vintage and modern circuits built around two SP501 modules. The midrange crunch of the germanium sound of the mid 60s, the low mid punch and thick sound associated with British class-A from the early 70s as well as the more modern tones from the 80s and 90s.
The input stage is built around a high quality Swedish Lundahl transformer and a high-gain input stage followed by a selectable germanium circuit that adds more harmonics. Two different output stages can be selected – either an electronically balanced stage, or a discrete Carnhill transformer-balanced class-A stage. The vintage class-A mode produces a fat and punchy sound with mid-range character and a warm top end, while the electronically balanced output stage is less colored and perfect for clean amplification.
With up to 80 dB gain the DP-2 can handle quiet sound sources like ribbon microphones. High impedance inputs are positioned on the front for easy access when connecting guitar, bass or synthesizers. It’s also possible to crank up the input gain really loud and run a hot signal through the preamp to make it distort, and then use the output volume control to lower the output level. DP2 offers a unique set of flavors at a very sensible price.
The major updates from the DP1mk3 to DP2 are a sweepable HPF from 30 Hz to 400 Hz which allows precision crafting of the low end, and a separate switch to activate the instrument input. The power supply has also been updated to for lower noise.
- Lundahl-input transformer and Carnhill output transformer
- Selectable output stages, transformer balanced class-A or electronically balanced
- Selectable germanium circuit for extra harmonics
- Sweepable High Pass filter, 30 Hz - 400 Hz, 12 dB/oct
- High gain (up to 80 dB)
- Hi-Z instrument input (2 Mohm)
- Gain switch in 5dB steps: -25 to 80 dB; +5 dB to -50 with pad
- -30 dB pad
- 48 V phantom power
- Selectable output stage: vintage transformer balanced class-A or electronically balanced
- Germanium drive: inserts a germanium gain stage after the input stage
- Polarity switch
- Impedance switch: 1600ohm/400ohm
- Output level control
- Illuminated switches, except for the phantom toggle switch
- Regulated, internal power supply with a toroidal transformer
- Selectable between 115 and 230 V
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the TK Audio DP2 Stereo Microphone Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields