Tascam TM-2X Cardioid Microphone XY Stereo Pair
The directional condenser microphones equipped on the Tascam TM-2X are the same mics used in the highly-regarded DR-series recorders. The X-Y pattern and two mic capsules are ideal for capturing a true representation of the sonic atmosphere, whether it's sound from a wide area or directly in front of the camera. As a result, the TM-2X records pristine sound that fits naturally with the recorded video.
Tascam have consistently utilized their expertise in developing recording devices that focus on the design of the analog circuits behind the mic capsules. As a result, the TM-2X achieves a high performance rating and a frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz. Furthermore, they designed the TM-2X with the capacity to handle high sound pressures up to 120 dB SPL to prevent distortion even in loud scenarios.
Setup is as simple as connecting the cord from the TM-2X to the camera's mic input jack allowing you to add high-quality audio to video. The output can be set to one of two levels to enable compatibility with a variety of cameras.
The floating support structure underneath the mics absorbs unwanted handling noise and sounds from cameras' mechanics.
When capturing video using changeable auto-focus lenses, the sounds produced from the lens itself can disrupt and interfere with recordings. In situations where this noise is a problem, you can reduce the interruptions by using the included noise isolation arm. The noise isolation arm physically increases the distance from the noise source to reduce its capture. The structure of the arm, including its length and height, was developed through extensive testing.
The unit includes an on-board low-cut filter to cut out low-frequency background noise. Depending on the video recording scenario, you can choose to turn this feature on or off (LOW CUT/FLAT).
When filming outdoors, even a slight breeze can enter the mic and cause wind noise. This unit comes with a furry windscreen that can physically prevent this noise from occurring. Wind noise can be reduced by simply covering the mic unit with this windscreen.
- Directional stereo condenser microphone in an X-Y configuration
- Designed with the capacity to easily handle high sound pressures up to 120 dB SPL
- Floating support structure used to reduce handling noise
- Included noise isolation arm to reduce lens operation noise
- Low-cut filter to eliminate any unwanted low frequencies
- Included furry windscreen
- Two-stage output level adjustment switch ensures compatibility with a variety of cameras
- Vari-angle microphone structure allows 180º rotation for optimal mic placement
- Included shoe adapter (ISO/JIS specification compliant) can be attached to the camera accessory shoe
- Tripod mounting threads enable the unit to be attached to a camera tripod
- 33 cm connection cord supports connections in a variety of manners
- Lightweight design (75 g) that won't interrupt camera balance or handling
- Stereo mini-plug output jack
- Operates on plug-in power from the connected unit
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Max. SPL||120 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam TM-2X Cardioid Microphone XY Stereo Pair.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields