Tascam Series 208i Interface
The Tascam Series 208i Interface features expandability, both internal and bundled effects processing, internal mixing, external software control, and more for studio, home, and live recording. With a new look, including an angled tabletop design and large, easy-to-grab knobs, TASCAM sets a new standard for mid-grade audio interfaces.
Supreme Audio Fidelity
It all starts with the best sound: TEAC and TASCAM have more than 60 years of high grade audio design experience. TASCAM Ultra-HDDA (High Deﬁnition Discrete Ampliﬁer) mic preamp circuitry guarantees transparent natural tone with ultra-low noise.
A new-generation TASCAM audio interface engine delivers high-deﬁnition, 24-bit/192 kHz recording and solid stability.
Expandable input capability to grow into
Easily add more input channels to accommodate future growth by using external microphone preampliﬁers with S/MUX optical inputs to record drums, guitars, keyboards, vocals, and more. Each S/MUX optical port can accept up to 8 channels of audio input from an ADAT- or S/MUX-compatible device.
Well-designed interface for quick production
TASCAM SERIES audio interfaces feature a large, easy-to-grab Monitor control knob that ensures you can quickly adjust the monitor output level. Their angled tabletop design offers easy access to all front-panel controls. A handy Monitor Balance control enables mixing live input with computer playback for zero-latency monitoring. Each analog input channel is served by an individually switched +48 volt phantom power supply for condenser microphones.
A Wealth of Outputs
The SERIES 208i provides eight individual analog outputs for versatile monitoring (up to four stereo pairs of monitor speakers) and surround audio (up to 7.1) for video production.
Dual headphone monitoring
The SERIES interface has 2 individual he hadphone amplifiers which offer powerful enough dual headphone monitoring.
Control Software for Matrix Mixing, Effects Processors, and More
Free, easy-to-use TASCAM Control software manages faders, processing, and the ability to route any audio input (analog, optical, and USB) to any audio output.
Built-in DSP Effects and Processing
A DSP input and output mixer is complemented with digital reverb, compressor, phase invert, and 4-band EQ for each channel. Having these processors included internally eliminates all latency issues and takes the load off the computer allowing the PC/Mac to process the audio more efficiently.
TASCAM SERIES interfaces support tablets and other mobile devices and are compatible with many applications to meet your recording needs now and in the future.
Start Making Music Immediately with Bundled Software
TASCAM SERIES audio interfaces are bundled with world-class software. Record with Steinberg Cubase LE DAW for Windows and Mac computers and Steinberg Cubasis LE DAW for iPad. Then process your audio with IK Multimedia AmpliTube guitar/bass modeling and eﬀects software. Finish your high-quality, polished recording projects with IK Multimedia T-RackS mastering software. Both free standing and plug-in versions of AmpliTube and T-RackS are included.
TASCAM house made genuine audio driver and app
A new USB driver offers very high stability, ensuring highly reliable performance every time.
Routing facility for flexible usage
Allows any input like analogue, OPTICAL and USB audio to assign any output port(s) as the user wants.
Software Monitor control for several configurations
Allows monitor control function on the GUI, using 8 individual outputs. E.g. 3 different monitor sets are available to switch on the GUI.
- Four XLR/TRS combo mic/line/instrument inputs
- Four transparent, natural-sounding, ultra-low noise TASCAM Ultra-HDDA mic preamplifiers
- Two optical S/MUX expansion ports that accept up to 16 channels of audio input (20 total inputs)
- 8 ¼-inch analog line outputs for versatile monitoring and up to 7.1 surround audio
- Built-in effects: reverb, compressor, four-band EQ
- Powerful 8 bus mixer DSP input/output mixer controlled with free TASCAM Control software
- Software control of faders, routing, aux buses, effects, and phase invert
- Flexible I/O routing allows any analog, optical or USB audio input to be user-assigned to any output ports
- Up to four aux buses to connect up to four stereo pairs of monitor speakers
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording and playback
- Includes Steinberg DAW software and IK Multimedia world-class guitar eﬀects/modeling and mastering software
- MIDI interface
- Word clock in/out
- Dual headphone outputs
- Compatible with Windows / Mac computers and iOS devices (supports UAC2.0)
- USB 2.0 connection and custom USB driver with high stability
- Easy-to-understand operation
- Automatic update function available for software/driver/firmware updates
- Information window function(shown in the Settings Panel screen)
- Direct monitor option for low latency monitoring
- Compatible with mainstream DAW software (Pro Tools, Live, Cubase, Studio One, GarageBand)
|Unit Weight||3.53 lb|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Optical, XLR Combo Jack TRS|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
|Clock I/O||In, Out|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam Series 208i Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields