Tascam MX-8A Matrix Mixer
The Tascam MX-8A Matrix Mixer is a Matrix Mixer equipped with 8 mic / line inputs and 8 line outputs as well as integrated DSP for audio optimization in various environments and configurations Custom control apps are also available to allow easy setup and adjustment by both system integrators and end users.
Configurable Input Modules
Allows mic / line inputs levels to be configured and modified by the onboard DSP. Input module functions:
- Mic/line input switching
- Phantom power (+48V) ON/OFF (mic input)
- PAD (mic input)
- Mic gain (mic input)
- 4 band EQ (2 band parametric EQ, Low shelving EQ / High pass filter, and High shelving EQ)
- Auto level control
- Fader / Mute grouping
Phantom Power and Remote Gain Control
The integrated mic preamps support phantom power (+48V) and the input gain may also be controlled remotely via the TASCAM MX CONNECT software; RS-232C or Ethernet compatible control systems.
TASCAM Studio Quality Mic Preamps
The MX-8A features high grade TASCAM borne of years of designing professional audio equipment. Input range covers -70 dBu to +26 dBu, with equivalent input noise achieving less than -126 dB, and a signal-noise ratio of over 108 dB.
Built-in 10 in/10 out matrix mixer
The MX-8A is able to mix 10 different sources (8-channel mic/line inputs with stereo USB audio interface) and set mix configurations for each of the 8 different output zones, plus the stereo USB audio interface output zone.
Matrix mixer functions:
- Fader / Mute grouping
- Ducking function
- Ambient noise compensator function
Auto audio configuration functions for a clearer sound
With the ducking function and/or the ambient noise compensator function, users will be able to have a much clearer sound when making announcements or when playing some background music. These can be configured different on each output zone of the matrix mixer.
- Ducking: This function detects the level of a mic input and simultaneously turns down the level of the selected output zone. This can be used to increase intelligibility of announcements when background music is present.
- Ambient Noise Compensator: (ANC) function also detects input source level and automatically configures the level of the selected output zone. Whenever there is fluctuation on the noise level of a field environment, this function will automatically compensate the volume for clearer background music or announcements.
8 different mixes can be flexibly routed to the 8 line outputs.
Configurable Output Modules
The powerful DSP of the TASCAM MX-8A will also allow processing of signals routed to the output for easy optimization for different spaces and audio playback systems throughout the installation.
Output module functions:
- 10 band EQ (8 band parametric EQ, Low shelving EQ / high pass filter, High shelving EQ / low pass filter)
- Phase switching
- Test tone
- Fader / Mute grouping
Compatible with Audio Playback / Recording software
The built-in 2 in / 2 out USB audio interface also enables the TASCAM MX-8A to function as powerful and flexible audio recording interface, compatible with a variety of operating systems including: Windows / macOS / Android / iOS.
Scene Preset and Timer Event Functions
Effect parameters, mix levels, input / output routings and more can be saved in one of 50 different preset locations. By using the scene preset function together with the SNTP client included timer event function*, it is possible to automatically switch different scenes at a specified time.
- 8-channel mic / line input with phantom power (+48 V) support
- Supports remote mic gain control
- 8 line output
- Equipped with Euroblock connectors for signal input / output
- Compatible with external software (Windows / macOS / Android / iOS) for audio playback / recording via USB audio interface function
- Includes a variety of DSP functions for optimal use in different scenes / environments
- Flexible scene preset function allows recall of a variety of configurations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices: For integrators - input/output routing selection, DSP/design/scene settings of the complete system, etc.; For end-users - simple app design for only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.
- Equipped with a RS-232C connector to support serial remote control systems
- Equipped with an RS-485 connector to remote control the MX-8A via dedicated wall-mount remote control (optional accessory, launch date TBA)
- Supports remote control via Ethernet
- 1U rack-mountable size
- Installed indicators display operating status and control software connection status
|Input Connectors||Euroblock, RJ45|
|Output Connectors||Euroblock, RJ45|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam MX-8A Matrix Mixer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields