The Tascam MM-4D/IN-X is a compact converter that converts 4-channel mic/line input signals into Dante signals. With half the size of a standard 1U rack, the MM-4D/IN-X is suitable for different Dante systems as an exquisite analog output unit. The built-in DSP mixer enables small scale systems to fully perform with a variety of input/output models the TASCAM Dante Compact Processor Series offers. MM-4D/IN-X supports up to 96 kHz/24-bit and uses XLR connectors for analog mic/line input.
The MM-4D/IN-X converts 4-channel mic/line input signals into 4-channel Dante output signals. It also supports 4-channel Dante input/output making it possible to use audio sources within an established Dante network.
Phantom power and remote gain control compatible mic preamps
The installed mic preamps support phantom power (+48V) and the input gain can be remote controlled via TASCAM DCP CONNECT software, via Dante or other external controllers.
TASCAM studio quality mic preamps installed
The MM-4D/IN-X has installed two natural-sounding, high grade TASCAM mic preamps made with all the knowledge and experience cultivated through the years in the making of pro audio equipment. Input range covers from -70 dBu to +26 dBu, with equivalent input noise achieving less than -125 dB, and signal-noise ratio over 108 dB.
Compressor, 4 band parametric EQ, auto level, and more effects included
They can be finely adjusted depending on the mic/line equipment used.
Built-in 8 in/4 out matrix mixer
Using the built-in matrix mixer, users can mix up to 8 different sources (4-channel mic/line inputs with 4-channel Dante inputs) and configure the settings on each of the four output zones. The matrix mixer is also equipped with a ducking function and an ambient noise compensator function, which detects the level of environmental sounds and automatically adjusts the input level of the source.
Flexible routing allows users to choose the output zone of 4 mic/line inputs or the built-in matrix mixer output zone as 4 Dante output. The MM-4D/IN-X can also be used as a simple mic/line input unit by bypassing the matrix mixer.
Scene preset and timer event functions
Effect parameters, mix levels, input/output routings, etc. settings can be saved as up to 50 different presets by the scene preset function. This function allows switching different presets seamlessly in different environments. By using the scene preset function together with the SNTP client included-timer event function*, it is possible to automatically switch different scenes at a specified time.
Power supply can be provided to the unit via PoE (Power over Ethernet). No need for AC adaptors; power supply construction fees and installation costs can be reduced by using a PoE compatible network switch.
Remote control via control software
Controlling effects or the matrix mixer can be easily done through the dedicated control software; depending on the amount of controls the user needs, there are two types:
- TASCAM DCP CONNECT, designed for system integrators/managers that handle the configuration and settings of an entire system
- TASCAM EZ CONNECT, designed for end-users and allowing them to use simple controls
Compatible with Windows / macOS / Android / iOS devices.
Installable according to usage/environment
Units can be easily installed directly under desks or on walls with the included surface mount adaptors. With the optional rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1, up to two Dante Compact Processor models can be installed in a 19 inch rack space.
- 4-channel mic/line input with phantom power (+48v) support
- Supports remote mic gain control
- 4 Dante input/output
- Supports PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Includes a variety of DSP functions for optimal use in different scenes/environments (Output effects, 8 in/4 out matrix mixer)
- Supports Dante daisy chain; this allows two Dante Compact Processor models to be connected without a network switch
- Compatible with Dante Domain Manager and Dante AES67 Mode
- Flexible scene preset function allows to work in different area situations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices: For integrators - input/output routing selection, DSP/design/scene settings of the complete system, etc.; For end-users - simple app design for only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.
- Remote control via Dante
- Half-rack mountable size
- Equipped with indicators that show LAN/Dante connection status and sample rate
- Equipped with signal indicators that monitor line output signals
- Configurable reference level (via remote control only)
- Surface rack mountable angles for installation under desks included
Half-rack size Dante Compact Processor Series
The Dante Compact Processor Series provide easy additional mic/line or AES/EBU input/output to several situations and places such as public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios, etc. where Dante systems are being used. They are the optimal input/output unit for small scale environments.
Level control is available when converting AES/EBU signals and Dante signals, and managing the input/output of an AES/EBU unit makes it easier to work with Dante systems. In addition, with a matrix mixer function and effects installed in the Dante Compact Processor Series, it is possible to build up a complete small system with units from this series only.
Routing to each Dante device is easy via Dante controller. Input/output units can be added flexibly to new or already established Dante systems.
These are some of the benefits provided when adopting Dante Network Audio:
- Reduction of system costs: It is possible to have a maximum transmission of 128ch I/O with one single CAT5e cable. This leads to fewer cables needed, not to mention the reduction of costs on wiring and space for cable pits
- Improved connection flexibility: All equipment can be freely connected and routed by applying star connections
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR, RJ45|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam MM-4D/IN-X.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields