The Tascam AE-4D is a compact converter that mutually converts AES/EBU signals and 4-channel Dante signals. With half the size of a standard 1U rack, the AE-4D is suitable for different Dante systems as an exquisite AES/EBU input/output unit. The built-in DSP mixer enables small scale systems to fully perform with a variety of input/output models the TASCAM Dante Compact Processor Series offers. AE-4D supports up to 96 kHz/24-bit and uses XLR connectors for AES/EBU output.
Introducing a wide range of digital equipment into a Dante system
Often used in PA/SR and pro audio environments, digital equipment compatible with AES/EBU format can be used on Dante systems. The AE-4D also includes a sampling rate converter, which enables different AES/EBU sources to be used on a Dante system.
Power supply can be provided to the unit via PoE (Power over Ethernet). No need for AC adaptors; power supply construction fees and installation costs can be reduced by using a PoE compatible network switch.
Remote control via control software
Controlling effects or the matrix mixer can be easily done through the dedicated control software; depending on the amount of controls the user needs, there are two types:
- TASCAM DCP CONNECT, designed for system integrators/managers that handle the configuration and settings of an entire system.
- TASCAM EZ CONNECT, designed for end-users and allowing them to use simple controls
Installable according to usage/environment
Units can be easily installed directly under desks or on walls with the included surface mount adaptors. With the optional rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1, up to two Dante Compact Processor models can be installed in a 19 inch rack space.
- 4 AES/EBU input/output
- 4 AES/EBU inputs with sampling rate converter
- 4 Dante input/output
- Supports PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Supports Dante daisy chain; this allows two Dante Compact Processor models to be connected without a network switch
- Compatible with Dante Domain Manager and Dante AES67 Mode
- Flexible scene preset function allows to work in different area situations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices: For integrators - input/output routing selection, DSP/design/scene settings of the complete system, etc.; For end-users: simple app design for only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.
- Remote control via Dante
- Half-rack mountable size
- Equipped with indicators that show LAN/Dante connection status and sample rate
- Equipped with signal indicators that monitor digital input/output signals
- Configurable reference level (via remote control only)
- Surface rack mountable angles for installation under desks included
Half-rack size Dante Compact Processor Series
The Dante Compact Processor Series provide easy additional mic/line or AES/EBU input/output to several situations and places such as public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios, etc. where Dante systems are being used. They are the optimal input/output unit for small scale environments.
Level control is available when converting AES/EBU signals and Dante signals, and managing the input/output of an AES/EBU unit makes it easier to work with Dante systems. In addition, with a matrix mixer function and effects installed in the Dante Compact Processor Series, it is possible to build up a complete small system with units from this series only.
Routing to each Dante device is easy via Dante controller. Input/output units can be added flexibly to new or already established Dante systems.
These are some of the benefits provided when adopting Dante Network Audio:
- Reduction of system costs: It is possible to have a maximum transmission of 128ch I/O with one single CAT5e cable. This leads to fewer cables needed, not to mention the reduction of costs on wiring and space for cable pits
- Improved connection flexibility: All equipment can be freely connected and routed by applying star connections
|Input Connectors||AES/EBU XLR, RJ45|
|Output Connectors||AES/EBU XLR, RJ45|
|Digital Format||AES/EBU, Dante|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam AE-4D.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields