Strymon Riverside Multistage Drive Pedal
Custom cascading multistage distortion topology providing a wide range of tube-inspired drive tones
The Strymon Riverside is the culmination of a thorough analysis of numerous analog and vacuum tube circuits. The goal? To deliver a new world of harmonically rich, incredibly versatile, tube-inspired drive sounds. Strymon didn’t want to build just another distortion or overdrive. They knew they must examine what has been done, and bring a new approach to the world of drive sounds.
DISCOVER YOUR AMP’S POTENTIAL
Riverside’s cascading gain stages create harmonically rich tones that are immensely musical and natural—from silky clean overdrive to colossal distortion, and all points between. The analog JFET front-end ensures that Riverside responds to your guitar with uncompromising dynamics and feel. The precision crafted DSP generates dynamic complexity and pleasing harmonics at every stage, letting your amp shine at any gain level. Riverside takes your amp to places you never knew it could go.
INFINITE SWEET SPOT
Riverside’s continuously variable circuit tuning dynamically tweaks multiple parameters under the hood so that the sweet spot follows you at any gain setting. As you turn the Drive knob, Riverside makes continuous adjustments, tuning the circuit for optimum tone. This results in an incredibly versatile drive pedal that is equally capable of providing sparking cleans, mild overdrives, high-gain leads, and heavy saturated distortions.
FLEXIBILITY TO ADAPT TO ANY AMP
Your amp choice has a large influence on the sound of any drive pedal connected to it. Riverside’s musical 3-band EQ, with independent Bass, Middle and Treble knobs, is designed to complement your amp’s tone with the flexibility needed to dial in your sound effectively and efficiently. The three-position Presence switch tailors the highest frequencies, allowing Riverside to integrate perfectly with any amp or setup, no matter how dark or bright.
DIGITAL OR ANALOG? OR BOTH?
The first stage of Riverside’s custom multistage drive topology is an all-analog, ultra low noise, discrete, class-A JFET circuit. This gain stage is digitally controlled to maximize headroom while adding as much as 20dB of pure analog gain, with tight integration to the subsequent DSP gain stages.
With this hybrid approach you get the best of both analog and digital worlds: The JFET stage provides exceptional touch sensitivity and dynamic interaction with your guitar, while the incredibly powerful SHARC DSP facilitates the great level of detailed complexity and responsiveness you’ll want to/.
- Favorite Switch: Riverside allows you to save and recall your favorite settings. Simply dial up your favorite sound, and press and hold the Favorite switch to save these settings. Instantly recall these settings with the press of the Favorite switch, or press again to return back to the current knob settings. It’s like having two drive pedals in one.
- Presence Switch: Riverside gives you a three-position presence switch to tailor the highest frequencies of your output signal. Minus (-) provides clarity with a controlled top end that works well with brighter amps. Enhanced (center) extends the top end to allow for more sizzle on high gain tones. Plus (+) delivers extended high end detail to the darkest amps, and is also useful when plugging directly into a power amp.
- Noise Reduction: Riverside has an optional, variable-threshold noise reduction feature to tame hum, buzz, and system noise when you’re not playing. A downward expander with advanced signal detection techniques creates a seamless transition to noise reduced silence with all types of input signal dynamics, including staccato bursts and slowly decaying sustained notes.
- Boost Input: Chances are, you won’t want to wait for your solo to turn on Riverside. The boost pedal input allows you to leave Riverside on all the time with just the amount of dirt, distortion, and drive you desire, and then boost your overall output signal by up to +6dB when you need to jump up in the mix. Connect an external switch to engage and disengage Riverside’s Boost.
- Expression: Connect an expression pedal, and enjoy a whole new level of instantaneous, continuous control. Set as many knobs as you like for the heel position and toe position of your expression pedal, and all settings will simultaneously morph throughout the full range of the expression pedal. Riverside becomes part of your musical instrument, an extension of your musical voice, an active part of your performance.
- Volume Mode: The Expression pedal jack can be set up in Volume Mode, which provides a logarithmic taper for smooth volume control. If you have an expression pedal, this provides an excellent alternative to a standalone Volume pedal.
- Favorite Out: Want to control the Favorite preset settings on multiple Strymon pedals with just one switch? Connect a TRS cable from Riverside’s BOOST jack to the EXP input of another Strymon pedal and simultaneously engage the Favorite settings on both pedals.
- MIDI Control: Lurking inside your Riverside pedal is a hidden superpower - MIDI Control. Save and load drive presets. Control all knobs and switches via MIDI. Integrate Riverside into an elaborate MIDI pedalboard or use in an ultra-compact setup for easy travel. Connect the Strmyon MIDI EXP Cable to the Expression pedal jack to access these features.
- Custom cascading multistage distortion topology provides a wide range of tube-inspired drive tones
- Digitally controlled analog class A JFET input gain stage maximizes headroom while adding up to 20dB of pure analog gain
- Precision crafted DSP gain stages provide detailed complexity and responsiveness
- Low gain channel for smooth classic overdrive
- High gain channel for modern saturated distortion
- 3-band EQ with independent Bass, Middle and Treble controls
- Selectable post-analog gain mid-band EQ push
- Presence switch to tailor the sound for use with all amplifiers from dark to bright
- Optional variable-threshold noise reduction helps tame noisy guitar pickups
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Strymon Riverside Multistage Drive Pedal.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields