Schoeps CMC 622 Open Cardioid Condenser Mic Stereo Set
The Schoeps CMC 622 Microphone Stereo Set is a complete open cardioid microphone stereo set including two CMC amplifiers, two open MK 22 cardioid capsules, pop screens, clamps and box.
CMC 6 Amplifier
The CMC 6 is designed for standard 48- and 12-Volt phantom powering. Its circuitry recognizes the supply voltage and adjusts itself automatically. Its performance characteristics remain essentially the same either way; mainly, the difference is that the current drawn at 12 Volts is greater than at 48 Volts. However, the 12-Volt mode consumes less power and might be preferred for battery-powered recording.
The microphone amplifier is responsible for providing the necessary electric charge to the capsule, without which it would be unable to generate a signal. Since the capsule's output signal is very weak (Hi-Z), it must be amplified. In order for the microphone's output to cleanly reach the next stage in the signal chain, it must undergo balancing and impedance matching before transmission. The CMC 6 incorporates a balanced, direct-coupled class-A amplifier, yielding a low output impedance, high RF shielding, and minimal distortion.
- Flat frequency response
- Very low harmonic distortion and noise
- Works with 12V and 48V phantom power
- Balanced, low-impedance output
- High suppression of interference on the Microphone cable
- Excellent protection against high-frequency Radio interference with "RFI Shield"
- Frequency-independent impedance
- Signal transmission possible over very long cables
- Reliable operation even with weak phantom power
- Symmetrical, transformer- and capacitor-free output stage with a Cass A amplifier
- Above 20 kHz, the signal is attenuated for protection against interference in the ultrasonic range, e.g. through the ultrasonic autofocus of a film camera
MK 22 Capsule
The "Open Cardioid" pickup pattern was introduced by SCHOEPS in 2008. It lies between the classic cardioid and the wide cardioid, achieving both a fair amount of directivity and very natural sound quality. Many years' experience of professional recording engineers with the range of Schoeps cardioids has played a large role in the development process. Meanwhile the MK 22 has become a preferred soloist and spot microphone, thus becoming an alternative to the "classic" MK 4.
- Optimal combination of directionality (MK 4 cardioid) and warm sound characteristics (MK 21 wide cardioid)
- Natural sound quality, due to highly consistent polar diagram across the frequency range
- Popular for use as a spot or soloist's microphone, as the mid microphone for M/S, or as a main microphone pair e.g. at a spacing of 21 cm, angle ±55°
The Colette series was introduced back in 1973 and has since been made up of mutually compatible modules that are constantly being updated and supplemented. No other microphone system has been on the market for such a long time. The Colette series invented the modularity in microphone technology and is considered more than ever before to be the best small-diaphragm microphone system.
Microphones from the modular Colette series are comprised of a microphone capsule screwed onto an amplification unit. Any capsule can be combined with any amplifier. Active accessories can be inserted between capsule and amplifier if desired. The RC active extension tube in particular graces many high-profile events with its stylish appearance. Due to its modular nature, the Colette system offers a large variety of options, for a wide range of use cases.
|Package Contents||Two matte gray CMC 6 mic bodies with MK 22 open cardioid capsules, two SG20 stand clamps, two B5 D popscreens, and wooden box|
|Unit Weight||0.16 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Microphone Bundle|
|Impedance||25 Ohms @ 12 V, 30 Ohms @ 48 V / Minimum recommended load: 600 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-37.1 dBV/Pa (14 mV)|
|Max. SPL||131 dB|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Schoeps CMC 622 Open Cardioid Condenser Mic Stereo Set becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.