Schoeps CMC 641 Supercardioid Condenser Microphone Set
The Schoeps CMC 641 Microphone Set is a complete supercardioid condenser microphone set including a CMC amplifier, MK 41 supercardioid capsule, pop screen, clamp and box.
CMC 6 Amplifier
The CMC 6 is designed for standard 48- and 12-Volt phantom powering. Its circuitry recognizes the supply voltage and adjusts itself automatically. Its performance characteristics remain essentially the same either way; mainly, the difference is that the current drawn at 12 Volts is greater than at 48 Volts. However, the 12-Volt mode consumes less power and might be preferred for battery-powered recording.
The microphone amplifier is responsible for providing the necessary electric charge to the capsule, without which it would be unable to generate a signal. Since the capsule's output signal is very weak (Hi-Z), it must be amplified. In order for the microphone's output to cleanly reach the next stage in the signal chain, it must undergo balancing and impedance matching before transmission. The CMC 6 incorporates a balanced, direct-coupled class-A amplifier, yielding a low output impedance, high RF shielding, and minimal distortion.
- Flat frequency response
- Very low harmonic distortion and noise
- Works with 12V and 48V phantom power
- Balanced, low-impedance output
- High suppression of interference on the Microphone cable
- Excellent protection against high-frequency Radio interference with "RFI Shield"
- Frequency-independent impedance
- Signal transmission possible over very long cables
- Reliable operation even with weak phantom power
- Symmetrical, transformer- and capacitor-free output stage with a Cass A amplifier
- Above 20 kHz, the signal is attenuated for protection against interference in the ultrasonic range, e.g. through the ultrasonic autofocus of a film camera
MK 41 Capsule
The MK 41 effectively attenuates diffuse sound energy and produces a clear, "dry" sound pickup.
Its polar pattern is exceptionally frequency-independent: sounds from the side and back are strongly attenuated, but picked up without false coloration. This feature has made the MK 41 an international standard for indoor film sound.
The susceptibility of the MK 41 to acoustic feedback is lower than with any other SCHOEPS capsule type, provided that no loudspeaker radiates directly from the rear. The sensitivity minimum of the supercardioid occurs at approximately a 125° angle of incidence.
The directional effect is independent of frequency, so that off-axis and diffuse sound are picked up free of false coloration, thus sounding natural. That is a real advantage over shotgun microphones, which have appreciably greater directivity only at higher frequencies, and frequency response (and thus sound quality) that depends on the direction of sound incidence.
Thus for many situations the MK 41 offers an interesting alternative to a shotgun microphone, even if its small dimensions do not appear to suggest high directivity. As a capsule without an interference tube in front of it, the MK 41 can also be placed closer to the sound source.
- Supercardioid directional pattern
- High directivity, at low and medium frequencies comparable to that of a shotgun microphone
- Natural sound due to flat frequency response which remains largely the same for all directions of pickup. This is particularly important for indoor recording
- Preferred uses: recording dialogue for film sound; as a spot microphone in the orchestra and on the opera stage
The Colette series was introduced back in 1973 and has since been made up of mutually compatible modules that are constantly being updated and supplemented. No other microphone system has been on the market for such a long time. The Colette series invented the modularity in microphone technology and is considered more than ever before to be the best small-diaphragm microphone system.
Microphones from the modular Colette series are comprised of a microphone capsule screwed onto an amplification unit. Any capsule can be combined with any amplifier. Active accessories can be inserted between capsule and amplifier if desired. The RC active extension tube in particular graces many high-profile events with its stylish appearance. Due to its modular nature, the Colette system offers a large variety of options, for a wide range of use cases.
|Package Contents||Matte gray CMC 6 mic body with MK 41 supercardioid capsule, SG20 stand clamp, B5 D popscreen, and wooden box|
|Unit Weight||0.16 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||25 Ohms @ 12 V, 30 Ohms @ 48 V / Minimum recommended load: 600 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-37.7 dBV/Pa (13 mV)|
|Max. SPL||132 dB|
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Schoeps CMC 641 Supercardioid Condenser Microphone Set becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.