Royer Labs dBooster2 In-Line Signal Booster and DI
In-line signal booster and DI featuring two channels of dBooster ribbon and dynamic microphone signal boosting and impedance buffering technology - each channel also doubles as a high-impedance DI
The Royer Labs dBooster2 In-Line Signal Booster and DI features two channels of dBooster ribbon and dynamic microphone signal boosting and impedance buffering technology. Each channel also doubles as a high-impedance DI.
When used as a signal booster, both channels of the dBooster2 increase the level of passive low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones with a minimum of distortion or coloration. Designed for professional applications, each dBooster2 channel offers two levels of clean gain boost: 12 dB or 20 dB, selectable by a front panel switch.
The dBooster2’s Class A input presents a high source impedance to microphones, minimizing loading (damping) and improving headroom. By utilizing the 12/20 dB gain switch, optimum balance between gain and headroom can be achieved for a variety of uses.
The dBooster2’s low-impedance output is an increased microphone-level signal that can drive a digital interface directly or a standard microphone preamplifier. It also minimizes signal loss on long cable runs.
When used as a DI for unbalanced guitar level sources, the dBooster2 provides either 0 dB or 8 dB of gain, selectable from the front panel switch. The single ended high-impedance (230K-Ohm) DI input maintains headroom and gain regardless of load, with minimal distortion or coloration.
- Miking any low-volume sound source (acoustic instruments, vocals, etc.)
- Recording direct to a DAW interface
- Use on long cable runs to retain sound quality
- DI for direct electric guitar, electric bass, and other instruments
- 12 dB and 20 dB gain stages in Mic mode
- 0 dB or 8 dB gain in Hi-Z guitar input mode
- High input impedance
- Balanced Low output impedance
- Rugged case construction
- Ultra-low noise performance
- Ultra-low distortion
- Wide frequency bandwidth
- Gain: switchable 12 dB or 20 dB in Mic mode,; switchable 0 dB or 8 dB in DI mode
- THD+N: @20 dB Gain = .0015%, -25 dBu input signal, 1.3Vp-p output signal; @12 dB Gain = .001%, -6 dBu input signal, 3.66Vp-p output signal
- IM Distortion: @20 dB setting, <0.002% @ 800 mV output; @12 dB setting, <0.005% @ 2.6volts output
- Self-noise: referred to -48 dB re. 1V/Pa, 20 dB setting <11 dBa, 12 dB setting <15 dBa
- Headroom: referred to -48 dB re. 1V/Pa and 4mV/Pa, 20 dB setting: 127 dB; 12 dB setting: 120 dB
- Safe for use on all ribbon mics
- Increases headroom at the preamp
- Provides true electrical isolation
- Protects ribbon mics from phantom-power
- Minimizes mic loading
- Capable of driving difficult loads, such as mic splitters and vintage style preamps, without increased distortion or loss of gain
|Unit Weight||0.6 lb|
|Impedance||Input: 3.6 kOhm in Mic mode, 270 kOhm in DI mode; Output: (at 20 dB setting) 300 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz ±0.25 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Royer Labs dBooster2 In-Line Signal Booster and DI.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields