Oberheim OB-X8 Analog 8-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer
8-voice, pure-analog polyphonic 61-key synthesizer with sine, saw, square, triangle and noise, and two discrete SEM/OB-X-lineage VCOs per voice delivering classic punchy Oberheim tone
Legendary synthesizer manufacturer Oberheim has returned with its first authentic synthesizer in decades: the powerhouse Oberheim OB-X8. Known for classic polyphonic instruments like the 4-Voice, 8-Voice, Matrix series, OB series and the iconic DMX drum machine, Oberheim is a household name among synth enthusiasts. Designed under the leadership of Tom Oberheim himself, the OB-X8 combines the unmistakable tone and look of the OB series synth with modern technological advancements that make it the most powerful Oberheim synth ever conceived.
The soul of the Oberheim OB-X8’s sound comes from its eight-voice pure-analog oscillator section, which allows you to play up to eight notes at a time or stack the voices for huge mono leads. Mix and match classic sine, saw, square and triangle waves (and a noise oscillator) for a versatile palette of vintage and modern sounds. Classic Oberheim VCO and filter circuits deliver unmistakably punchy Oberheim tone, and meticulously modeled envelope responses flawlessly replicate the signature sound of the OB-X, OB-Xa and OB-8.
Enhancements over the original OB series include a modern 61-key FATAR keyboard with velocity and aftertouch sensitivity, a “Vintage” knob that adds voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments, per-voice panning for ultra-wide stereo sound, USB connectivity and much more. The synth packs more than 400 preset programs, including the full set of factory sounds for the OB-X, OB-SX, OB-Xa and OB-8, and allows you to save more than 600 of your own. You can even load two programs simultaneously for bass/treble keyboard splits and complex, double-stacked sounds.
Aside from its impressive array of features, one of the best aspects of the OB-X8 is that it feels like an Oberheim. The controls follow the familiar, ultra-streamlined layout of previous OB-series synths with clearly separated sections, large buttons and well-spaced knobs that make it easy to dial in any sound you can dream up. To top it all off, real walnut wood side panels make the OB-X8 fit in with any vintage synth collection. So don’t wait! Order your 8 voice synth today and start creating your new sound.
- 8-voice, pure-analog polyphony with sine, saw, square, triangle, and noise
- Two discrete SEM/OB-X-lineage VCOs per voice deliver classic punchy Oberheim tone
- Discrete SEM-lineage VCFs deliver authentic OB-X-style tone and presence
- Genuine Curtis filters add bold OB-Xa/OB-8 character
- Meticulously modeled envelope responses match each OB model: OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8
- The 61-key FATAR velocity- and touch-sensitive keyboard allows unparalleled expression and responsiveness
- Bi-timbral capability allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
- 400-plus factory programs, including the full set of factory sounds for the OB-X, OB-SX, OB-Xa, and OB-8
- Integral, fanless, heatsink-free power supply
- Real walnut end cheeks
- High-resolution OLED display enables patch management and easy access to advanced features
- Classic Oberheim Pitch and Mod levers allow expressive note bending, vibrato, and access to arpeggiator functions
- Additional SEM filter modes add high-pass, band-pass, and notch functions to the classic OB-X filter
- Vintage knob allows variable amounts of voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments
- Velocity sensitivity adds expressiveness to volume and filter
- Channel Aftertouch adds real-time performance-based modulation
- Enhanced unison allows variable voice stacking from 1-8 voices
- Variable triangle wave cross-modulation
- Over 600 user-programmable preset locations
- Programmable per-voice pan allows wider stereo presence
- Variable oscillator and noise levels
Oberheim is the 21st century return of the legendary company that helped fuel the electronic music revolution. Now, just as then, Oberheim is guided by the vision of engineer and inventor, Tom Oberheim. Tom’s genius for innovation introduced the world to the first commercially available poly synth and other groundbreaking electronic instruments that literally changed the sound of music. Today, Oberheim reawakens this legacy by bringing the famed Oberheim sound to a new generation of instruments and artists. The company’s passion remains unchanged by time or technology — to once again provide the world with the finest-sounding analog synthesizers ever made. Oberheim brings its products to market with the help of the Focusrite organization and renowned synth maker, Sequential.
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out, Through|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
|Number of Keys||61|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Oberheim OB-X8 Analog 8-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields