Moog Subsequent 37 Analog Synthesizer
The Moog SUBsequent 37 is a (2-note) paraphonic analog synthesizer that builds upon the award-winning design of the ultra-powerful Sub 37 Tribute Edition. Its control panel is home to 40 knobs and 74 switches, placing a vast array of analog sound-design tools and onboard sequencing options immediately at your command. The SUBsequent 37 improves upon its source through the implementation of a number of user-requested sonic and functional enhancements. Each enhancement maintains the magic and character of its predecessor while also providing access to new dimensions of sound and improved playability.
The SUBsequent 37 mixer section has double the headroom of that in the Sub 37 Tribute Edition. This provides access to a new range of classic clean tones in both mono and duo performance modes. Leveraging the mixer’s newfound flexibility, gain-staging in the Ladder filter has been reshaped to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end. Completing the sonic evolution of the SUBSEQUENT 37 is a re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the grit and growl of the original Sub 37.
In addition to the sound engine augmentation, each SUBsequent 37 comes with an upgraded keybed for improved playability, a high-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones, and a software plugin/editor for both Windows and Mac platforms.
- SUB 37 DESIGN – All the controls and features found on the Sub 37 Tribute Edition
- SOUND ENGINE EVOLUTION – Richer low end and greater sonic dimension
- MORE MULTIDRIVE – Wider range and dirtier than ever before
- ROOM FOR TWO - More headroom means Duo mode sounds even better
- 37 NOTE KEYBED – Lightweight with swift action and aftertouch.
- HIGH-POWER HEADPHONES – Cue up your next sound in the loudest of venues.
- EXTENSIVE MODULATION AND SEQUENCING - 2 assignable mod busses, 2 DAHDSR looping envelopes and an ultra-powerful arpeggiator/sequencer
- 256 PRESETS - 16 banks of 16 patches
- FREE SOFTWARE EDITOR – Works as a DAW plugin or as a standalone editor
- SOUND ENGINE: 100% Analog
- POLYPHONY: Selectable Monophonic or Paraphonic
- KEYBED: 37-note Semi-weighted with After Pressure
- LCD: 128 X 64 pixel LCD with white backlight
- CONTROLLERS: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, After Pressure, Velocity
- SOUND SOURCES: 2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Analog Noise
- Generator, 1 External Input/Filter Feedback
- OSCILLATOR CALIBRATION RANGE: 22 Hz - 6.8 kHz - note range at 8’ = 18 - 116
- GLIDE MODULE: Assign to Osc1/Osc2/Both, Type - LCR, LCT, EXP, Gated, Legato
- FILTER: 20 Hz - 20 kHz Moog Ladder Filter w/ 6/12/18/24 dB/Oct Filter Slopes and MultiDrive
- TRANSPOSITION: ±2 Octaves
- ARPEGGIATOR/SEQUENCER: Up, Down, Order, Random, Latching, Back/Forth, Invert, ±2 Range, Tie, Rest, MIDI Sync, 64-note sequencer
- MODULATION BUSSES
- SOURCES: LFO (Triange, Square, Saw, Ramp, Sample & Hold), Filter EG/PGM
- PROGRAMMABLE SOURCES: Amp Env, Constant ON, Sine LFO, Noise LFO, Osc 1 Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch, Seq Note, Seq Vel, and Seq Mod
- DESTINATIONS: Osc 1 Pitch, Osc 2, Osc 1 & 2 Pitch, Filter, LFO Rate, VCA Level, Osc 1 Wave, Osc 2 Wave, Osc 1 & 2 Wave, Noise Level, EG Time/PGM
- PROGRAMMABLE DESTINATIONS: Filter Resonance, Filter Drive, Filter Slope, Filter Env Amount, Filter Keyboard Amount, Osc 1 Level, Sub Osc Level, Osc 2 Level, External In/Feedback Level, Osc 1 On, Sub Osc On, Osc 2 On, Noise On, External In/Feedback On, Arp Rate, Arp Clock Division, Arp Range, Arp Back/Forth, Arp Ends, Arp Invert, Arp Gate Length, Arp Run, Glide Time, Glide OSC Choice, Glide Type, Glide Gate, Glide Legato, Glide On, LFO 1 Clock Division, LFO 1 Range, LFO 1 Sync, LFO 1 Keyboard Reset, LFO 1 Keyboard Track, Mod 1 Pitch Amount, Mod 1 Filter Amount, Mod 1 Programmable Amount, Mod 1 Programmable Destination, LFO 2 Clock Division, LFO 2 Range, LFO 2 Sync, LFO 2 Keyboard Reset, LFO 2 Keyboard Track, Mod 2 Pitch Amount, Mod 2 Filter Amount, Mod 2 Programmable Amount, Mod 2 Programmable Destination, Osc 1 Oct, Osc 2 Sync, Osc 2 Keyboard Reset, Osc 2 Oct, Osc 2 Keyboard Control, Osc 2 DUO Mode, Osc 2 Freq, Osc 2 Beat Freq, Filter Env Attack, Filter Env Decay, Filter Env Sus, Filter Env Release, Filter Env Delay, Filter Env Hold, Filter Env Vel Amount, Filter Keyboard Track, Filter Env Multitriggering, Filter Env Reset, Filter Env Sync, Filter Env Loop, Filter Env Latch, Amp Env Attack, Amp Env Decay, Amp Env Sus, Amp Env Release, Amp Env Delay, Amp Env Hold, Amp Env Vel Amount, Amp Keyboard Track, Amp Env Multitriggering, Amp Env Reset, Amp Env Sync, Amp Env Loop, Amp Env Latch, Output Volume, Bend Up, and Bend Down.
- LFO PANEL FEATURES: Hi/Low Range from .01 Hz – 1 kHz, MIDI Sync, KB Reset
- ENVELOPES: DAHDSR Envelopes with Multi-Trigger, Reset, Looping, MIDI Sync, Latch, and Variable control of EG Delay, Hold, Velocity Amount, KB Tracking
- AUDIO INPUT: TS
- AUDIO OUTPUT: 1 TS, 1xTRS Headphone with separate volume control
- PRESETS: 256 Presets - 16 Banks x 16 presets
- MIDI I/O: DIN In/Out, and MIDI over USB
- CV/GATE INPUTS: Filter CV, Pitch CV, Volume CV, KB Gate
- CV/GATE OUTPUTS: 4x Assignable CV, 2x Assignable Gate
- CV DESTINATIONS: KB Pitch (is also sequence pitch), Velocity, Aftertouch, Mod 1,
- Mod 1x Ctrl, Mod 2, Mod 2 x Ctrl, Filter EG, Amp EG, Pitch Wheel, Mod Wheel, Seq Mod, Duo Pitch.
- GATE DESTINATIONS: KB Gate (is also sequence gate),Ext. Gate, Arp/Seq Clock, Arp/Seq Run/Stop, Arp/Seq Step 1 Trig, Filt EG Trigger, Amp EG Trigger, LFO 1 Rate, LFO 2 Rate
- DIMS: 6.75” H x 26.75” W x 14.75” D
- WEIGHT: 22 lb
- POWER: 110 VAC - 240 VAC Universal Power Supply with IEC connector
I absolutely love this synth. It sounds amazing, it's very intuitive and easy to use, and it's very flexible. I own every soft-synth you can think of and there are some really great ones for sure, but having something like this is so much more inspiring and it's way faster to make great sounds. The only bad thing I have to say about this synth is that I don't understand why they didn't add a way to dial in a specific tempo on the synth to sync arps, mod, etc. You can tap a tempo but I wish I could just enter an exact bpm. I haven't finished going through the whole manual so maybe there's a way to feed the tempo from the DAW? The other con is that this thing sounds so good that now I want to buy a MOOG One. Dear Vintage King, if you give me a crazy good deal on one I promise I'll write a killer review!
You will love this synth, I use it mostly for basslines and it’s exciting to use everyday.
Have always wanted a Moog. Awesome synthesizer. Great instrument. Awesome service from the staff at Vintage King too.
Build - Super solid, Moog builds great synths as we all know, but the metal construction with the wood (faux or real, I do not know…) feel really solid and sturdy. Not too heavy, but not the lightest synth I’ve ever held either. I haven’t road tested it over miles and miles of travel, but I’m sure with a case - like every other piece of gear - it would withstand the test of time.
Quality - So great. Classic Moog warmth, with all the nice bells and whistles that I wish came on the Sub Phatty. Two waveform oscillators (with a sub and noise oscillator as well) with modulation, overdrive, and many other could features. Add in a step sequencer, glide control, and 16 total banks of 16 presets each, and you’ll get the full quality of what this synth can offer. Sound quality is amazing as expected.
Price: It is around $1500 (give or take for a used / demo model & taxes) which isn’t in that nice “Sub-$1,000” range that a lot of people look for, but I think that it’s still a pretty justifiable price. You’re getting a genuine Moog synth with a lot of features and great build, and with all of those financing options out there today, it’s pretty reasonably affordable because you can pay it off over time.
Vs. Sub Phatty: a friend of mine has a Moog Sub Phatty, and from my observations, here’s the main differences (that just might justify that extra ~$750);
- Presets: Sub Phatty has 4 banks of 4 presets (16), Subsequent 37 has 16 banks of 16 presets (256)
- Sounds: both have the same basic features (oscillator section, mixer section, adsr, etc.), but the Subsequent 37 has extra features on each section. Plus, Duophonic mode is pretty awesome. That was almost enough for me to get the option to play a second note.
Great synth, definitely worth the buy if you’ve got the coin!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Moog Subsequent 37 Analog Synthesizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields