Mercury M76m MKIII
The Mercury M76m MKIII is based on the module used in consoles which are very rare due to a minimal amount made. These amplifier modules have not been available new for more than 50 years, so working units have become extremely rare, very expensive and in some cases are now in need of much repair. Drawing on nearly 20 years experience repairing, rebuilding, and most importantly listening to the Telefunken/Siemens V76 modules it was Mercury's first priority to build a modern Studio Microphone Amplifier that sounds identical to the original. Mercury Recording Equipment Co. kept the integrity of the original circuit, the M76m has the same open, warm tonality created with the transformer balanced, dual stage, high gain amplifier, and uses four transformers and four tube per channel. With the addition normal modern features, such as: Phantom, Phase, as well as many new features such as: Level Control and High/Low Impedance switch never available on any module, or even custom racked units, the Mercury M76m is the benchmark of modern tube microphone amplifiers.
- The Mercury M76m Gain Control of 0 to +60dB in 6dB increments, works in conjunction with the Level Control and Output Attenuation
- The Level Control, which will work as a ‘fader’, increasing (clockwise) and decreasing (counter clockwise) the amount of gain from the first stage to the second stage of the amplifier - this also allows you the ability to add musical (tube) “break up” by decreasing your level (control) and increasing the (course) gain
- The Output Attenuation Control (-0 to -10dB) has been added for even more control, including the ability shape tones in several different ways, if desired, which works well on electric guitar recordings
- Impedance Select Switch for both high and low impedance devices, as well as all the staple features one expects from a modern piece of equipment were added. Phantom Power (on/off) , Phase (Polarity) Reverse, and our amazing sounding F.D.I. (FET Direct Input) Circuit
- The Mercury FDI (FET Direct Input), a proprietary J-Fet circuit, based on a class-A tube topology
- The Mercury FDI is designed to reproduce every nuance of a direct recording, while the circuit lets the tube or solid-state character of the amplifier determine the overall tone
- The instrument DI signal is sent through the entire microphone preamp circuitry, including Mercury’s custom, massive input transformers, so that the individual character of each preamp comes through
- Mic Input Impedance: Approx. 2k
- Suggested Source Impedance: Approx. 200 ohms
- DI Input Impedance: 2M ohms
- Internal Output impedance: 30-50 ohms (depends on gain setting)
- Suggested Minimum Load: 500 ohms
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Harmonic Distortion: All musically related low orders of harmonics, with no
- significant order above 5th.
- Tubes: 3x EF806s, 1x E83F, per channel
- Rack Size: 2u
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Mercury M76m MKIII.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields