Mercury Grand Pre – No Longer Available
The Mercury Grand Pre is more open and musical than other similar amplifiers of the same type and/or topology. The Mercury Grand Pre is not another "Twelve Seventy Two" clone. Instead, the Grand Pre is the new, alternative British classic!
The Mercury Grand Pre is available in both two-channel and one-channel (GP1) versions.
- Input Gain Control 0-60dB in 12dB steps (-0, -12, -24, -36, -48 and -60dB) that works in combination with the Fine Gain Control (trim) that is +/- 8dB
- Phantom (48V), Phase Reverse (Polarity)
- Output Control (Fader) and a newly designed FET Direct Input per channel
- FET Direct Input - very full sounding - more mid range and low end presence then most D.I.s as well as an open and airy top end and overall punchiness you would expect from a Class A discrete amplifier
- The inputs and outputs of the Grand Pre are balanced using the original Sowter transformers
- The Mercury Grand Pre's internally mounted power supply uses a toroidal transformer and is regulated for super low noise and stable performance
- Each amplifier channel is locally regulated to eliminate cross talk between channels
- Single channel back panel
The Mercury Grand Pre is 19" rack mountable and housed in a beautiful, gray hammer finish, steel chassis. The aluminum front (control) panel has a custom powder coated finish giving the Mercury Grand Pre the look and feel of the era it comes from with a twist. The Grand Pre has the "look" of a classic hot rod with it's black, red and chrome color scheme.
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Mercury Grand Pre becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.