Mercury Grand Pre – No Longer Available
The Mercury Grand Pre is more open and musical than other similar amplifiers of the same type and/or topology. The Mercury Grand Pre is not another "Twelve Seventy Two" clone. Instead, the Grand Pre is the new, alternative British classic!
The Mercury Grand Pre is available in both two-channel and one-channel (GP1) versions.
- Input Gain Control 0-60dB in 12dB steps (-0, -12, -24, -36, -48 and -60dB) that works in combination with the Fine Gain Control (trim) that is +/- 8dB
- Phantom (48V), Phase Reverse (Polarity)
- Output Control (Fader) and a newly designed FET Direct Input per channel
- FET Direct Input - very full sounding - more mid range and low end presence then most D.I.s as well as an open and airy top end and overall punchiness you would expect from a Class A discrete amplifier
- The inputs and outputs of the Grand Pre are balanced using the original Sowter transformers
- The Mercury Grand Pre's internally mounted power supply uses a toroidal transformer and is regulated for super low noise and stable performance
- Each amplifier channel is locally regulated to eliminate cross talk between channels
- Single channel back panel
The Mercury Grand Pre is 19" rack mountable and housed in a beautiful, gray hammer finish, steel chassis. The aluminum front (control) panel has a custom powder coated finish giving the Mercury Grand Pre the look and feel of the era it comes from with a twist. The Grand Pre has the "look" of a classic hot rod with it's black, red and chrome color scheme.
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Mercury Grand Pre.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields