Lewitt LCT 840 Reference Class Tube Condenser Microphone
LEWITT’s LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications. Equipped with a precision-engineered 1-inch capsule, the LCT 840 stands for exceptionally warm and classic, solid vintage sound. Perfectly suited for miking vocals and instruments, this rugged multi-purpose microphone allows for highly nuanced and authentic sound reproduction in the studio and even on stage. Five switchable polar patterns – omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide-cardioid and super-cardioid – make the LCT 840 a highly versatile tool for professional audio engineers and performers looking for true and authentic tube sound.
Like all LEWITT mics, the LCT 840 stands out for its extremely low self-noise of 9 dB and effective rejection of off-axis sounds. The microphone features three levels of attenuation and three switchable high-pass filters, LEDs and pushbuttons for noiseless handling on the power supply unit (PSU).
Apart from user-friendly operating controls and advanced technological features so essential to memorable recordings, the LCT 840 also makes an eye-catching design statement: The microphone is equipped with a plexiglass inspection window on the front side of the body, so the illuminated tube itself is fully exposed. The inside window surface is coated with a highly conductive, yet transparent film preventing electromagnetic interference.
In short: The unique combination of innovative design, high-end technology and tube-typical sound quality ensures magic takes.
- Lead and background vocals
- Acoustic instruments // piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings...
- Wind instruments // brass and woodwinds...
- Demanding studio applications
- Ultra-thin 1-inch externally biased, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Five consistant directional characteristics - cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, broadcardioid and supercardioid - offer maximum flexibility
- Superior dynamic range of 130 dB-A (Tube) and extremely low self-noise of 9 dB-A for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 3-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless pushbuttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Unique features like clipping history and automatic attenuation provide error-free studio recording and unparalleld ease of use
- Solid die-cast metal body with a stylish, oversized tube inspection window specially coated for maximum protection against electromagnetic interference
- Custom PSU 840 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and brushed, anodized black aluminium front
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a black case; includes PSU 840 power supply unit, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen
|Package Contents||Includes PSU 840 power supply unit, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen|
|Unit Weight||1.45 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
|Polar Pattern||Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight, Cardioid, Omni-Directional, Super-Cardioid, Wide Cardioid|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||Rated: < 200 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|input_pad||-10 dB; -20 dB|
|Filters||12 dB/oct @ 40 Hz; 6 dB/oct @ 300 Hz|
|Sensitivity||Cardioid: -32.8 dbV/Pa (23 mV) / Omni: -34 dbV/Pa (20 mV) / Bi: -32.8 dBV/Pa (23 mV)|
|Max. SPL||139 dB; 149 dB with -10 dB pad; 159 dB with -20 dB pad|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Lewitt LCT 840 Reference Class Tube Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields