GML 8304 Series II Four-Channel Microphone Preamp
GML Microphone Preamps are world-renowned for their life-like accuracy and wonderful transparency. Now the Series II models are available as 2 channel or 4 channel (8302 or 8304) versions. GML's continuing research and review of up-to-date componentry maintains the brand's legendary transparency. The GML 8302 and the 8304 Series II have been reconfigured with front-panel-mounted phantom power and phase reverse switches, and the +48v phantom supply has been completely redesigned resulting in lower noise. Their all-discrete, bipolar transistor circuit topologies are completely transformerless with no FETs, ICs,or electrolytic capacitors in the signal path. Even the outputs are direct-coupled with time-proven active servos that remove DC without adding any artificial color. 10dB to 65dB of gain is front panel selectable on the front panel in precise 5dB steps. A +24dBv clip indicator warns of any impending overloads. Both GML 8302 and 8304 occupy 1U rack space. Both versions ship with an external power supply (GML Model 8355) and a 5pin XLR power cable.
- INPUT - 1kΩ balanced XLR, 80 dB common mode rejection at 100Hz & 10kHz, +12.4 dBv maximum input before clipping (minimum gain setting)
- THROUGHPUT - 50 volts/microsecond minimum, symmetrical at 30 dB gain, Distortion: Maximum SMPTE intermodulation at +20 dBv output level; 0.0015% at 30 dB gain /0.007% at 70 dB gain, Effective input noise: < -126.5 dBv with 150 ohm source / < -129.5 dBv with 0 ohm source (measurements at 400Hz & 30 KHz, 12 dB/octave high & low-pass filters (ref: 0.775v), Frequency response: +0, -0.2db @ 10 Hz & 50 KHz / +0, -0.3db @ 1.7 Hz & 260 KHz, Phase shift: 22 degrees @ 10 Hz & 260 KHz
- FORM FACTOR - Number of channels: 4 maximum (2 or 4 on order), Clip indicator: +24 dBv ±0.5 dB, Gain:10 to 65dB in 5db (±.25dB) steps, Front Panel Indicators: 4 red clip LED’s, 1 green power LED, Phantom: 48 volt switchable, 40 ma. available. Currently supplied with standard 6.81 KΩ, 1% resistors.
- OUTPUT - +27.4 dBv at clip, unbalanced XLR (pin 2 hot), 3 mv output offset max, stabilized by D.C. servo correction
- OTHER - external power supply: +28 volts, separate ground and chassis connections at rear, Enclosure: 1.75"X 19" rack mounting, 10" deep. Satin grain, black anodized finish
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the GML 8304 Series II Four-Channel Microphone Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields