Focusrite Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre – No Longer Available
Introducing the return of the legendary Red Series mic preamp, the Focusrite Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre, a module for the popular 'Lunchbox' format. As with the original Red range, this new module will also be 'Made in England'. Focusrite’s Red Range gained legendary status following its release in 1992. The Red mic preamps rapidly became sought-after in the world’s top studios, with their unique signature sound and ability to perform faultlessly on a wide range of instruments with almost any microphone.
- Classic Red circuit topology and components A mono mic preamp that uses the same circuit design and components as the original Red mic pre - the Red 1
- 500-series 'Lunchbox' format For the first time, a Focusrite product is available in this popular portable format.
- Original input & output transformers Features the same Lundahl LL1538 input transformer and custom Carnhill output transformer as the original Focusrite Red 1 and Red 8 microphone preamps. The use of these very high quality transformers gives the Red Series its transparent and expensive-sounding character.
- Grayhill gold-plated military-grade gain switch The switched gain structure of the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre means you can accurately recall preamp settings and, with a solid, super-reliable, gold-plated selector switch, you know you’ll get repeatable results.
- Suitable for virtually any microphone With a gain range of 66dB and a carefully chosen input impedance, the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre is perfect for almost any microphone, be it ribbon, dynamic or condenser.
- Backlit VU meter with switchable calibration The built-in VU meter helps gain accurate results, with calibration to ensure your levels are always spot-on.
Word on the Street:
"The Red 1 500's magic is that it offers a great classic sound that is not too vintage and yet not too modern. It has a nice weighted low end with just a hint of smoothness and warmth, making it useful in most if not all recording situations. If ever there was a set-it-and-forget-it microphone preamp that just brings the magic with no fuss, this is it."
Paul Vnuk, Jr - RECORDING magazine, July 2014
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Module Type||500 Series|
|Module Slot Count||1 Slot|
You have ribbon mics? This is your pre
This mic pre is not often mentioned when people are discussing the best. Sadly, it should be mentioned. I have a lot of mic pre's from Neve to API and this ranks right up there with the best of them. It gives a very clean and warm sound that fits great in the mix and it looks good while doing it. Definitely buy this pre!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Focusrite Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields