Electrodyne 2501 Two-Channel Microphone Preamp
Dual mono pair of two-stage discrete transistor, transformer-coupled preamps with active DI, using classic early 70s design technology
The Electrodyne 2501 is a dual-mono pair of two-stage discrete transistor, transformer-coupled preamps with active DI, using classic early ’70s design technology. Each amp stage is individually optimized for peak performance using Electrodyne factory engineering notes and selected high-performance components identical to the originals. The transformers are made by Electrodyne’s original manufacturer to exacting factory specifications. The active DI circuit presents an almost immeasurable load to sensitive musical instrument outputs allowing incredibly accurate capture of the instruments true tone. The output of the DI circuit is designed to directly connect and interact with the mic input transformer to allow maximum tone options.
- Maximum Gain: 68 dB adjustable over 50 dB in 2 dB steps with two ranges using 20 dB pad
- Output level control: Infinitely adjustable from 0 (off) to +6 dB over unity
- Input impedance: Microphone, 50 / 200 ohms selectable. DI, over 7 megohms
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- Distortion: 0.02% typical over entire gain range.
- Maximum output: +30 dB at less than 0.8% THD (+29.5 dB at 0.06% THD)
- Frequency response: ±0.25 dB, 10 Hz to 60 kHz
- Signal to noise: -80 dB typ, -60 dB at absolute maximum gain
- Clip indicator: Monitors all three amp stages and illuminates when any stage is 3 dB from clip
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Electrodyne 2501 Two-Channel Microphone Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields