Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
The Earthworks TC30 is an omnidirectional microphone designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects.
With a whopping SPL rating of 150dB the TC30 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about distortion, even with the loudest instruments. And there is no proximity effect, so you can get the TC30 as close as you want to the sound source.
With an extended 9 Hz – 30 kHz ruler-flat frequency response, the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound. Its transient response is ultra fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. The TC30 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
Its near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
Designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects.
- General purpose omni
- Ideal for a wide variety of instruments and vocals, including acoustic guitar, string instruments and piano
- Frequency response goes to 30 kHz
- Fast, clean impulse performance yields a remarkably transparent sound
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Accurate and uncolored
- No handling noise, no proximity effect and is very forgiving in terms of placement
- Effortlessly handle high sound pressure levels up to 150 dB SPL while simultaneously capturing subtle details
- Fast impulse response and diaphragm settling time
- Exceptional flat frequency response and are time coherent, so they sound natural and uncolored
- Noise: 26 dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
|Package Contents||Mic clip, manual, frequecy response chart, gift box|
|Unit Weight||0.5 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||65 Ohms, balanced (between pins 2 & 3)|
|Frequency Range||9 Hz - 30 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-41.9 dBV/Pa (8 mV)|
|Max. SPL||150 dB|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.