D.W. Fearn VT-2 Dual-Channel Tube Microphone Preamp
The D.W. Fearn VT-2 recreates the sound of classic tube preamps of the 1960s. Modern components and computer-optimized circuitry, unavailable during the vacuum tube era, elevate this design to a new level of performance. The transparency is astounding. Vocals sound smoother, warmer, more intimate, with a compelling presence. Any microphone and any sound will benefit from the improved clarity, definition, and lack of solid-state artifacts.
In designing the VT-2, no compromise in sonic quality, reliability, or ruggedness were permitted. like the best tube equipment of the 1950s and '60s, the VT-2 is built on a heavy-guage aluminum chassis, utilizing point-to-point wiring. Each vacuum tube is selected for minimum noise and microphonics, and maximum sonic clarity. The front panel switches control sealed, gold-contact precision relays for all audio switching, eliminating the possibility of dirty contacts degrading the sound and minimizing the internal audio path. Four class-A triode amplifier sections (in two tubes) in each channel comprise the entire active circuit. This surprisingly simple circuit, along with top-quality components and careful design optimization, results in the sonic superiority that the VT-2 has become known for.
All over the globe, VT-2 preamps are in daily use in the world's best studios, as well as in home project studios, helping many top recording artists achieve the best possible sound.
- All vacuum-tube design
- Clean and airy high end
- Fat low end
- Unsurpassed warmth, transparency, and musicality
- Lo-Z input position for superior performance with transformerless mics
- +48 volt phantom power (completely disconnected when off)
- Custom-design Jensen input and output transformers for superb sonics
- - 20 dB input pad (switchable)
- True VU meters (amplifier isolated)
- All point-to-point audio wiring
- High-performance, fully-regulated power supplies with exceptional reserve
- Gold input and output XLR connectors
- Polypropylene and polystyrene coupling capacitors
- All audio switching through gold-contact, sealed precision relays
- International operation on 100, 120, or 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- CE certified, RoHS-compliant
- +4 dBm output
- Conservatively rated precision components and rugged construction for stability and long life
- Line-level processing with the LP-1 line pad accessory
- Single-channel version D.W. Fearn VT-1 also available
- Direct recording of electric instruments with the D.W. Fearn VT-3 Vacuum Tube DI or PDB Passive Direct Box
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the D.W. Fearn VT-2 Dual-Channel Tube Microphone Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields