- Located just outside Orlando, Florida, Red Lion Audio has been a hot spot for recording, mixing and mastering for over a decade. Engineers Gustavo Porras and Caine Lee have over 25 years of experience between them and have recorded and mixed countless albums. While the duo will handle any genre, the studio has garnered a reputation for working with punk...
- Daniel Holsinger is a Clearwater, Florida-based recording, mixing and mastering engineer. For the past ten years, he's been carving out a place in the recording industry working with a number of labels like Universal Music Group and Island Def Jam and a wide array of artists including John Legend, Fabolous, Editors, Rodrigo y Gabriela and Chick Corea. Working from the aptly named Daniel Holsinger Studios. Daniel has built a powerful rig that allows him to work fluidly, no matter what kind of project is on the docket. His set-up includes two Avid S1 control surfaces, a Universal Audio Apollo x6 interface, Yamaha NS-10M monitors, ProAc SM100 monitors and much more. To learn a little bit more about Daniel and his studio, we sat down for a Studio Spotlight interview. Read on to find out what gear is most integral to how Daniel works in the studio, what inspires him and one of his favorite records of all time. Continue reading →
- At a young age, Jesus Martinez began learning the art of the requinto (a unique tenor guitar with Latin roots) under his father’s tuteledge. This passing of the torch moment would inspire a love for the music of his familial homeland and lead Jesus to study at the Berklee College of Music. After attending Berklee, Jesus became a founding member of Tres Souls, a group that embraces the sounds of 1940s bolero music. While plotting out an EP release, the budding engineer and producer decided to start his own studio and Decibel Studios was born. Continue reading →
- Based out of Des Moines, Iowa, Golden Bear Records is a recording studio and record label run by Bryan and Sarah Vanderpool. The duo found acclaim with their folk-pop band, The Well Pennies, before moving to the Midwest from Los Angeles to start Golden Bear. We recently sat down with Bryan to talk a bit about Golden Bear for our new Studio Spotlight series. Continue reading below to find out about the history of the studio, his experience in the industry and the gear he relies on for every session. Continue reading →
- For over two decades, artists from around the globe have been flocking to Maximus Music to find the key to that Southern sound. Owner and founder Ira Parker has propelled the Queen City studio to success and brought in an incredible array of talent including Anthony Hamilton, G-Eazy, Rick Ross, Jadakiss and many more. We recently sat down with Ira for our new Studio Spotlight series to talk about Maximus Music in more detail. Continue below to find out how Ira started the studio, hear his favorite stories about artists working in the room, and discover some of his go-to gear that he picked up from Vintage King Audio Consultant Anthony Erwin. Continue reading →
- Serge Espitia is a mastering engineer out of Maplewood, New Jersey. With over a decade of experience in the music industry, he has spent time working in some of the most recognizable studios in the world, including Blue Jay Recording in Boston, and East Side Sound, Stratosphere Sound and Masterdisk in New York. In 2011, Serge began putting together his own Brooklyn-based studio space under the banner of Tiny Thunder Audio. Eventually, he headed to New Jersey and shifted focus from tracking and mixing to predominantly mastering. Recently, we sat down to talk with Serge about the history of Tiny Thunder, his philosophy on mixing vs. mastering, and some of the gear choices that he’s made for his studio. Continue reading →