Avid S6 M40 Control Surface
For over 20 years, Avid® has led the way in mixing innovation, and now it redefines it once again with the all-new S6 control surface. Leveraging the best of the industry-leading ICON and System 5 product families in a revolutionary new modular design, S6 delivers superior ergonomics and intelligent studio control, providing an intuitive, immersive experience for the modern sound engineer. And because it’s built on proven technology, trusted by top audio professionals in the most demanding production environments, Avid S6 delivers the performance you need to complete projects faster and deliver the best sounding mixes possible.
Revolutionary modular design
S6 is built to grow with you at every stage of your business—now and in the future. With a first-of-its-kind modular design, you can customize the surface with the modules you need to match your current workflow for the greatest cost efficiency, and scale the surface—horizontally and vertically—as your business grows. Choose a pre-configured S6 M10 or S6 M40 surface with the options you need or, with S6 M40, customize the surface even further with different channel control combinations.
Mix smarter with superior ergonomics
S6 acts and feels like a physical extension of your software, providing a truly intuitive and immersive experience. Turn around projects faster with high-precision editing and mixing control at your fingertips. Quickly access and edit plug-ins, surround panning, and more with the multipoint touchscreen. And see every detail of your mix with unprecedented visual feedback, including waveform scrolling.
Get intelligent studio control
Experience the deep DAW control that only Avid can deliver. Pair S6 with Pro Tools and you gain the Avid advantage of faster workflows, extended visual feedback, and unique features to accelerate your efficiency every step of the way. And extend your control to Logic Pro, Nuendo, and other EUCON™-enabled DAWs, enabling you to mix projects on multiple workstations simultaneously and switch out sessions in seconds—all from a single control surface.
Proven and trusted technology
S6 delivers incredible workflow acceleration, highly responsive handling, and deep DAW integration—all built on proven technology, trusted by top audio professionals in the most demanding production environments. The result: you get the exceptional, dynamic performance you need to deliver your best sounding mix possible—on time, every time.
Extensive visual feedback
From top-lit status knobs and the master touchscreen, to monochrome OLEDs throughout the
surface and optional high-resolution screens, you get the critical visual insight you need to mix
with complete confidence and speed.
With the multipoint master touchscreen, featured on the S6 M40 and M10 core engines, you can quickly view, access, and edit different aspects of your mix—from tracks and plug-ins, to surround panning and metering—without having to mouse through menus.
Deep Pro Tools control
From recording tracks and assigning and editing plug-ins, to viewing scrolling waveforms (on S6 M40 surfaces with a Display Module), writing automation, recalling snapshots, and more, S6 offers the deep Pro Tools integration that only Avid can provide.
Full EUCON support
In addition to Pro Tools, you can take control of Apple Logic Pro, Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Merging Pyramix, and other EUCON-enabled audio workstations, individually or simultaneously, for maximum flexibility.
High-speed Ethernet connectivity
S6 features EUCON Ethernet connectivity to communicate deeply and directly with Pro Tools and other popular DAWs. And because the surface is networked, it’s easy to configure, scale, and reconfigure at whim.
Multi workstation support
Control up to eight EUCON-enabled audio workstations and media applications, simultaneously, anywhere on your network—even systems across the facility—with incredible responsiveness.
Total peace of mind
All S6 control surfaces include one year of Avid ExpertPlus support with Hardware Coverage, which includes 7x24 access, priority phone support, advance hardware exchange (next-day), complimentary S6 software upgrades, and more to keep you up and running.
Avid S6 Highlights
- Customize the surface with only the modules you need for great cost efficiency
- Scale the system from mid- to large-format to match your workflow, with room to grow
- Mix faster and easier with intelligently designed controls, touchscreen, and intuitive layout
- Access and manipulate multiple aspects of your mix through the master touchscreen
- See your mix in a whole new way with detailed visual feedback and professional metering
- Get the deep, integrated Pro Tools® mixing control only Avid can provide
- Extend your control to Logic Pro, Nuendo, and other EUCON™-enabled DAWs
- Experience highly responsive, precision control with high-speed EUCON connectivity
- Control up to eight audio workstations simultaneously—even from across the facility
- Configure, scale, and reconfigure the surface easily through the Ethernet network
Master modules - The control surface engines
Master modules are the central hubs of your S6 surface. All surfaces must include a main engine, which provides touchscreen access and control; you have a choice between two—S6 M40 or S6 M10. The S6 Automation Module complements both, providing controls for transport, automation, and more. Here’s a
closer look at these modules.
M40 vs. M10
The engine you choose dictates the total number of modules you can include in your S6 and impacts its overall size and customizability. Choose the high-performance M40 for large-scale productions that require maximum channels, high-resolution metering screens, and customizability, or the more affordable M10 for productions that need to fit into smaller rooms and budgets.
Both feature a tilting 12.1-inch multipoint touchscreen, eight adjacent rotary encoders, and dedicated knobs and keys for monitoring and global control, enabling you to view, access, and edit different aspects of your mix—such as tracks, processing, and metering—without mousing through menus.
- S6 surface (a pre-configuration or your own design)
- S6 frame and other accessories (as specified per your pre-configuration or customization)
- XMON S6 monitoring system
- All necessary cabling
- One year of Avid Advantage ExpertPlus support* with Hardware Coverage (includes 7x24 access, priority phone support, advance hardware exchange (next-day), complimentary S6 software
S6 M40-based Configurations:
- With 16 faders, 5 knobs per channel, and TFT displays
- With 24 faders, 5 knobs per channel, and TFT displays
- With 32 faders, 5 knobs per channel, and TFT displays
- With 16 faders, 9 knobs per channel, and TFT displays
- With 24 faders, 9 knobs per channel, and TFT displays
- With 32 faders, 9 knobs per channel, and TFT displays
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Avid S6 M40 Control Surface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields