ATC Loudspeakers SCS70 Pro 12" Active Subwoofer
12" active subwoofer with neodymium magnet, short coil in exceptionally long gap for high SPL with very low distortion, 300 W MOSFET Class A/B amplifier with a built-in limiter circuit, flexible controls and connections for small to mid-size systems
Designed to perfectly match their line of active loudspeakers, the ATC Loudspeakers SCS70 Pro is a powerhouse 12-inch active subwoofer that’s flexible enough to complement any studio monitoring setup. Like all ATC products, this boutique sub combines precision engineering with robust build quality and an elegantly simple aesthetic. Whether you need to extend the bass output of your stereo mains or complete a multichannel setup with a dedicated LFE channel, the ATC SCS70 Pro is up to the challenge.
Dominating the face of the cabinet is a front-firing, 12-inch SS75-314SC driver tuned to reproduce the lowest three octaves of the audible spectrum with extreme accuracy down to 22 Hz. Utilizing a short coil inside a large magnetic gap, the driver can reach peak output levels up to 116 dB without coming close to audible distortion. Unlike many modern subwoofers which feature porting to enhance specific frequencies, the SCS70 Pro features a completely sealed cabinet, which minimizes chances of internal resonance and cabinet coloration.
Powering the single driver is a 300 W MOSFET Class A/B amplifier with a built-in limiter circuit, a large heatsink for efficient convection cooling and built-in fault monitoring which keeps track of temperature and DC offset. A red LED on the rear lights up in the event of a fault, while additional LEDs on the front indicate power, limiter and mute status. Two balanced XLR inputs allow you to feed the sub from a stereo main output or a dedicated mono channel, while the buffered, unfiltered XLR outputs send the pure original signal to your monitors (or a daisy-chained second sub).
In addition to the I/O, the ATC SCS70 Pro’s rear panel features several useful controls that provide a wide range of configuration options for different setups. The low-pass filter can be set to 50 Hz, 65 Hz, 80 Hz or Off (320 Hz), giving you a range of options for matching to different loudspeakers. There’s also a three-position gain control to dial in the right level for different inputs, plus a level control for up to +11 dB extra output. A polarity switch and variable phase control provide phase correction from 0 to 180 degrees for optimal acoustical performance. To top it all off, a footswitch input provides hands-free subwoofer muting with a thru jack for controlling multiple subs. With power and versatility in spades, there’s no doubt the ATC SCS70 Pro can hold down the bass in any studio.
- Active subwoofer that can be used to extend the bass output of your stereo mains or complete a multichannel setup with a dedicated LFE channel
- Front-firing, 12-inch SS75-314SC driver capable of reproducing lowest three octaves of audio spectrum with pinpoint accuracy down to 22 Hz
- 300 W MOSFET Class A/B amplifier with a built-in limiter circuit
- Large heatsink for efficient convection cooling and built-in fault monitoring which keeps track of temperature and DC offset
- Red LED on the rear to indicate fault, additional LEDs on the front indicate power, limiter and mute status
- Balanced XLR inputs allow you to feed the sub from a stereo main output or a dedicated mono channel
- Buffered, unfiltered XLR outputs send the pure original signal to monitors
- Low-pass filter can be set to 50 Hz, 65 Hz, 80 Hz or Off (320 Hz)
- Footswitch input provides hands-free subwoofer muting with a thru jack for controlling multiple subs
|Unit Weight||96.8 lb|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Driver Sizes||12" hand-wound voice coil|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Amp Wattage||300 W Class A/B|
|Frequency Range||22 Hz - 320 kHz|
|Max. SPL||116 dB @1 m|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the ATC Loudspeakers SCS70 Pro 12" Active Subwoofer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields