Fresh Deals Added Daily Shop Now
API The Box 2 Recording and Mixing Console
API's The Box 2 is a versatile small-format recording and mixing console that combines the distinctive sound of analog summing with the ease and flexibility of 500 series processing. Equipped with eight input channels, eight slots for 500 Series signal processors, and 24 channels of analog summing, The Box 2 offers unprecedented flexibility.
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
For decades, audio engineers have pined over the magical properties that analog signal processors impart on music. Something about recording or mixing a song using an analog console just makes it feel like a record. While digital hardware emulations have come a long way over the years, they don’t quite capture the same charm as twisting a physical pot and hearing a track come to life. But, large format consoles are bulky and expensive to maintain, and only offer one sonic flavor to experiment with. That’s why API has created a new version of their award-winning Box Console with even more options for improved flexibility.
ALL ANALOG SIGNAL PATH
The Box 2 Console features eight input channels with built-in mic preamps for recording dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones. Each input also features a line input for recording or mixing line-level signals, as well as a dedicated high-pass filter for removing unwanted low end. Each input channel includes a dedicated direct output, making The Box 2 Console an excellent choice for all-analog recordings.
THE SPICE OF LIFE
In addition to traditional pan, solo, mute, routing and level controls, each input channel also features a 500 series slot, allowing engineers to create a custom color pallet for their sonic creations. Sum up to 16 racks while recording or up to 24 channels during mix down to bring sterile digital productions to life. Glue your mixes together using the on-board stereo bus compressor and give your mixes the legendary API sound. Add on a full-featured monitor section, a built-in talkback system, and a stereo program bus with a dedicated insert and you’ve got everything you need to give your tracks the analog treatment in an efficient, cost-effective package.
- Eight (8) input channels with Mic Preamp, Line Input and Hi Pass Filter
- Eight (8) 500 Series slots (1 per input channel)
- Direct Out on Input Channels
- On-Board Stereo Bus Compressor w/ ability to assign to program bus or input channels 1-4
- Instrument Direct Inputs on channels 1-4
- Sixteen (16) summing channels (24 channels during mix)
- 0dB bypass switch for each summing channel
- 4-Segment LED Metering on each summing channel
- Stereo program bus with master fader, insert, and external input
- One (1) stereo and (2) mono auxiliary sends/buses
- Stereo cue send/bus & headphone system
- PFL, AFL, and Solo-In-Place solo modes with stereo solo bus
- Full-featured monitor section that supports two stereo monitor systems
- Talkback system
- Comprehensive rear panel connections with balanced inputs and outputs
- Integrated power supply
|Unit Weight||90 lb|
|Number of Inputs||8|
|Number of Outputs||24|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog DB25, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog DB25, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the API The Box 2 Recording and Mixing Console.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields