To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
AML ez1073-500 500 Series Microphone Preamp/EQ
- Classic 3 stage (Class A) amplifier design
- All discrete component (no surface mount devices)
- Entirely hand assembled and tested in the England to exacting quality standards
- Mic Input: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic VTB9045) +10dB to +65dB gain, rotary switchable in 5dB steps and switchable 300/1200 Ohm impedance input
- Line Input: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic VTB9046) - 20dB to +20dB, rotary switchable in 4dB steps (centre 0dB), 10k Input Impedance
- Line Output: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic full size output transformer)
- EQ/Filter Stage: 3 inductor (Class A) amplifier design
- HF (12kHz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- MF (switchable; 360Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz & 7.2kHz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- LF (switchable; 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- Low Pass Filter (switchable; 50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz & 300Hz) -18dB per Octave
- Phantom and polarity switches
- The XLR behind the left hand side is the Mic Input
- The XLR behind the right hand side is the Line Input
- The output is duplicated on both of the output XLRs
- Stainless steel chassis
- Total current consumption 110mA (per unit)
- For use in API (and compatible) Lunchbox and VPR500 racking systems
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Module Type||500 Series|
|Module Slot Count||2 Slots|
I love the AML 1073. The sound is great. I’ve had the heritage audio 73jr, 73jr eq and the 1073 80 series. They all sound great as well. The price point for the AML is what got me. I didn’t have a chance to a/b but I think I’d be splitting hairs. Amazing build quality and sound.
incredible device, great price...
Very warm, feels like tape. Big studio sound for affordable price. I recommend this. Read the one page manual on how to get preferred level to hit sweet spot.
Every couple months or so, I look for something new to swap into the 500 series rack. I'm a big fan of Neve and API style preamps and EQ's, I saw this little guy pop up on vintage kings website and it caught my eye. The fact that it was a Neve 1073 clone for $1000 didn't hurt either. I picked it up and popped it in the rack, first thing I recorded through it was an electric guitar. The preamp itself sounded great, not quite as warm as a real 1073, but had a nice bite to it. The breakup wasn't as smooth as a 1073, more like the buzz a fuzz pedal makes when you crank it, but I liked it. The EQ was pretty spot on to the real deal, a little bit went a long way whether you were boosting or cutting, midrange bands had the same poke as the Neve. I've since used it on kicks, snare, percussion, acoustic guitar, violin and bass, it's held up everytime. I think this will be something that sticks around for awhile. Great choice if you're looking for that 1073 sound without blowing the whole studio budget.
When my partner bought 2 of these pre/eq modules, he was gushing about the sound. When I heard them, I agreed. We have many modules, but these are head and shoulders above the rest. We have used the real, vintage Neve modules, and these keep right up with them.
I probably shouldn't let the cat out of the bag, but these things are the real deal. We bought 5, and we will get more. We also have two of their compressors, and they are just as good. So, don't buy these; we don't want anyone else to have them, and we don't want the price to go up! :-)
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the AML ez1073-500 500 Series Microphone Preamp/EQ.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields