Tascam Model 24 Multitrack Recorder/Mixer/Interface
Tascam has continuously been providing industry-leading recording solutions for decades, such as the Tascam 38 Open Reel 8-track, the DA-88 Digital 8-track and the legendary Portastudio Cassette and Digital Multitrack recorders. Tascam now builds on this legacy to deliver a new classic: the Tascam Model 24 Multitrack Recorder/Mixer/Interface.
Whether used for rehearsal, live shows or studio production, this triple-function recording console perfectly meets the needs of today’s working and recording musician
Simple, Intuitive Design
One glance is all you need. The Tascam Model 24 was developed for easy and immediate operation, with everything you need placed right at your fingertips. 100mm faders allow for precise control over volume. A full set of familiar EQ and Auxiliary knobs remove the need to menu diving, and all input/output connections are all on the surface for quick and easy access.
The Model 24 is truly a modern take on a classic design.
Tascam’s Revolutionary Recording Technology
Featuring 16 high-grade Tascam mic preamps in addition to multiple sets of stereo line inputs, the Model 24 delivers studio quality audio performance right from the start. When it’s time to record The Tascam Model 24 allows musicians and engineers to capture up to 24 tracks simultaneously (at 24-bit/48 kHz resolution) directly to the SD card, with the ability to support punch in/out 8 tracks at the same time. And once the take is done, the Model 24 can easily playback any or all of the recorded tracks through the console for immediate mixdown.
In addition to the studio quality mic preamps and powerful EQ and routing options the Model 24 features a dedicated stereo channel 1/8”, dual RCA Bluetooth connectivity. This allows users to easily integrate mobiles devices into the mix for rehearsal playback, walk-in music and more. Finally, the Tascam Model 24 can also act as a powerful audio interface and will connect directly to your PC or Mac for easy integration with your DAW of choice.
Durability and Reliability
Designed to be both lightweight and rugged, the Model 24 can easily be carried from studio to stage with the confidence that Tascam’s legendary reliability will keep the music going.
- All-in-One, Multitrack Recorder with 22 channel Mixer and USB Audio Interface
- WAV 48 kHz/24-bit, 24 channel multitrack recording to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards
- Built-in USB Audio Interface to send/receive audio data to/from DAW
- 22 Inputs (20 Balanced, 12 Monaural, and 4 Stereo)
- 16 Tascam Microphone Preamps
- Input Mode switch on every input channel
- Tascam Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp (Channels 1 to 12)
- Preamp Gain Controller with Overload indicator (Channels 1 to 12)
- 3-band EQ with a sweepable mid-range frequency (Channels 1 to 12)
- 100 kHz Low-cut Filter (Channels 1 to 12)
- 7-band Graphic EQ
- 16 Pre-set Effects
- 100 mm Long-throw Faders for precise adjustment
- Mute, Main/Sub, PLF switches on every input channel
- Bluetooth input supporting both AAC and SBC codecs
- SUB Outputs via XLR Balanced and RCA Unbalanced connectors
- LINE Inputs via RCA Pin and ⅛" Stereo Mini jacks
- 3 AUX Outputs (Monitor 1, Monitor 2, FX)
- 1 Stereo Output for Control Room
- Phantom Power (+48 V)
- ¼" Stereo Headphone Output
- Backlit buttons for key operations such as REC and Play
- Multi Jog-dial for quick menu operation
- 12-segment LED Output Level Meters
|Analog or Digital||Digital|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||48 kHz|
|Digital Recording Format||SD Card|
So far so good. It's Tascam, sound quality is there, wouldn't call it the best sounding mixer in the world, but decent.
What I was confused for the first time is that the item description from the official website gives me the impression of this could work as DAW controller (like its later model), but it does NOT. If you want to go through eq comp pan and whatever on this board you will have to route some signal to record from DAW through this mixer, but still it does not count as a DAW controller.
Even so, great unit for the price, versatility, decent sound quality.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam Model 24 Multitrack Recorder/Mixer/Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields