To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Tascam Model 16 All-In-One Mixing Studio
Featuring a compact size (and affordable price) than Tascam's flagship Model 24, the Tascam Model 16 All-In-One Mixing Studio is a feature-rich small format mixer/console that boasts the warmth and character of an analog mixer and the flexibility and convenience of a digital recording studio workflow. The Model 16 is equally at home as a live performance mixer as it as a studio recorder. The Model 16 features a 16 input/14 output USB audio interface with a 24-bit/48 kHz sampling rate. This can be used for recording or playback on an external DAW. Onboard effects, comprehensive mixing and routing capabilities, and Bluetooth wireless round out the deep functionality of this all-in-one mixing studio!
14 Inputs for Complete Flexibility
14 easy-to-access top-panel inputs provide flexible options for microphones or instrument connections, including 10 Mic/14 Line/2 Inst to allow easy access for connecting microphones, instruments or other audio sources for live recording or mixing. A Bluetooth 5.0 enabled Stereo Input Source Channel also provides stereo RCA and 1/8" Stereo (selectable) jacks for streaming audio device level control.
Pristine Audio Quality
Mic Inputs 1 through 8 deliver pristine audio quality, featuring TASCAM's Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) technology for pure, transparent natural tone with ultra-low noise.
Professional Channel Strip Control Features
A tactile Gain knob tops each channel for precise tweaking of input levels. A push-button Lo-Cut filter and three-position Input Selector (Live/PC/MTR) facilitate quick and precise control of input source signals. A 1-knob inline Compressor is available on inputs 1-8 as is a mid-range sweepable 3-band EQ.
Maximum Audio Routing Possibilities and Monitoring
3 Aux bus (MON1, MON2[pre/post], FX) and PFL Listen round out the Model 16's pro-level signal path routing options. A Sub bus provides an additional stereo lineout source to the master SEND section.
3 AUX Outs let you route the audio signal for stage monitoring, or to external gear such as outboard effects, signal processors or headphone mixes. And the Footswitch control jack provides additional monitoring and control features.
Powerful Internal 16-Track Multi-track Digital Recorder
The Model 16's MTR section features a powerful internal 16-Track Multi-track recorder, capturing 14 Inputs and 2 Main Mix simultaneous tracks of audio to an internal SD card in pristine 24-bit/48 kHz quality. Record anything from live performance to rehearsals, worship events, spoken word and meetings, as well as perform overdubs and punch-in/out quickly and easily.
Recorded tracks can be immediately mixed, mastered or exported to a computer for further editing, formatting and publishing.
High-Quality Internal Audio Interface
An internal 16 input/14 output USB audio interface captures audio at a 24-bit/48 kHz sampling rate for recording or playing back from an external DAW (digital audio workstation). The new generation TASCAM USB driver delivers the minimum size of the audio buffer which can be set to as low as 4 samples, resulting in extremely low latency and the highest level of efficiency when recording audio.
Versatile Input Capability
Using the channel Mode switch, each channel can select the input source as needed. This allows a super flexible input configuration to be selected where some inputs can be live, other inputs can play tracks from the internal MTR, while other inputs can play tracks from a computer via USB, all simultaneously.
16 Editable Multi-Effects
The Model 16's versatile Effects Section offers 16 editable and foot-controllable multi-effects, including reverb, delay, chorus and flange.
4-Band Master EQ
A 4-Band EQ with mid-range sweepable, wide/narrow Q can be dialed in for crafting the perfect mix, assignable to MAIN outs or MON1/2 outs as you like.
- 16-track multi-track recorder (WAV, up to 48 kHz/24-bit) to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards (Class 10 or higher required)
- Punch in/out capability (up to 8 tracks simultaneously)
- Built-in USB Audio Interface to send/receive (16-in/14-out) audio data to/from DAW
- 14 inputs (10 Monaural XLR/TRS balanced and 2 Stereo-paired TRS balanced)
- 10 mic Pre-amps utilizing TASCAM Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp technology (CH 1 thru 8)
- Pre-amp Gain Controller with Signal/Over-load Indicator (CH 1 thru 12)
- Input Mode switch (LIVE/USB/MTR) per input channel
- 1-knob compressor (CH 1 thru 8)
- 3-band EQ with a sweep-able mid-range frequency (CH 1 thru 8)
- 100Hz Low-cut Filter (CH 1 thru 12)
- Phantom Power (+48V) for all XLR inputs
- 3 AUX Outputs (MON 1[pre], MON 2[pre/post], FX[post])
- Mute, MAIN/SUB, PLF switches per input channel
- Bluetooth 5.0 input supporting both AAC and SBC codecs
- LINE Inputs via RCA Pin and 1/8" Stereo Mini jacks (CH 13/14)
- Hi/Lo shelf, wide and narrow-Q semi-parametric EQs (for Main and SUB outputs)
- 16 TASCAM Effects like reverb, delay, chorus and flange
- MAIN Output via XLR balanced and SUB Output via TRS balanced connectors
- 12-segment LED Output Level Meters
- 1 Stereo Output for Control Room
- 1/4" Stereo Headphone Output
- REMOTE connector for a Foot Switch (TASCAM RC-1F)
- Self-emitted buttons for key operations such as REC and Play for better status legibility
- Comprehensive simplified menu tree
- Multi Jog-dial for quick menu operation
- 19-inch rack mountable with optional Model 16 rackmount kit
- FAUX wood Side Panels (Removable)
|Package Contents||Model 16 recorder, AC cord, and owner's manual|
|Unit Weight||15.4 lb|
|Analog or Digital||Hybrid|
|Number of Tracks||16|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||48 kHz|
|Digital Recording Format||SD Card|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||XLR (comes with XLR pigtails)|
|Power Consumption||45 W|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam Model 16 All-In-One Mixing Studio.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields