Rupert Neve Designs 5060 Centerpiece 24x2 Desktop Mixer - Shelford
24x2 desktop mixer featuring serious custom transformers, flexible monitoring, DAW transport controls, and the raw power of a Rupert Neve-designed 24×2 mix-buss - the Class A analog heart of your 21st-century studio!
From the pioneer of recording consoles comes the Rupert Neve Designs 5060 Centerpiece: the Class A analog heart of your 21st century studio. Sized for your desktop, the 5060 delivers the tonality and center section features of Rupert’s flagship 5088 console at your fingertips, cementing outboard together with serious custom transformers, flexible monitoring, DAW transport controls, and the raw power of a Rupert Neve-designed 24×2 mix-buss.
DEFINE YOUR WORKFLOW
With a modular, hybrid analog/digital mix system built around the 5060, you can outfit your studio with exactly what you need – and nothing that you don’t. Utilizing modern DAW control technologies, the 5060 seamlessly integrates stem outputs from the DAW with the rest of your control room, sums the final mix, and provides 2-track outputs, source selection, and up to three speaker feed outputs from the monitor section.
Used in conjunction with Rupert Neve Designs’ other summing products and outboard equipment, the 5060 Centerpiece forms the core of a scalable analog system. In this arrangement, additional summing mixers provide expandable channel counts and aux routing capabilities, Portico and Shelford modules provide preamplification, EQ, and dynamics, and the Centerpiece unites it all. The 5060 brings your dreams of a seamless hybrid workflow to reality.
DEFINE YOUR TONE
With custom transformers, a Class A mix buss and variable Silk, the 5060 can provide a wide range of tonal flavors. Drive the mix buss hard and crank the Texture knob for a rich, saturated, vintage vibe – or disengage Silk entirely for clear, wide-open sonic beauty.
The Silk circuit reduces the negative feedback on the output transformer, adding harmonic content as the Texture is increased. Silk Red mode accentuates the saturation in the high-mids and highs, while Silk Blue features more saturation in the lows and low mids.
With Silk engaged, the 5060’s distortion characteristics and harmonic content are very reminiscent of many of Rupert’s Class A vintage designs – but here, these characteristics are fully variable. These controls add an unparalleled range of tonal options to the 5060, and should be explored creatively with a variety of different sources for best effect. Additionally, by using Rupert Neve Designs’ other summing products to feed the 5060, you can further control the tone by using different Silk & Texture settings on each individual stereo output, and by creating parallel processing on the stems using the insert sends into processors, and then into stereo inputs 9-24.
THE NEW ANALOG STANDARD
While digital technologies come and go, the modular, Class A analog designs Rupert created decades ago have been proven to stand the test of time. Instead of merely cloning these “classics”, Rupert’s team of engineers have crafted new designs – built on the same key principles – that take sonic performance, flexibility, and ergonomics to new heights.
These designs embody the high voltage, Class A, discrete and transformer-coupled architectures found in the 5088 console, which represent a culmination of Rupert’s vast analog circuitry knowledge. With the 5060 Centerpiece, the primary aim is to deliver the extraordinary quality of the 5088 in a compact, modular framework. With an abundance of interconnectivity, exceptional fidelity, and the tonal versatility of Silk, the 5060 is the ideal core of the sound-conscious modern studio.
- The new ±24V Class A topologies in the 5060 are the key to a more detailed, sweeter and spacious mix buss - with zero crossover distortion and unmatched purity, the 5060 delivers the sound of the 5088 to your desktop - to get more dynamic harmonic content out of the mix buss, you can push the levels on the input channels into the mix buss to find the "sweet spot"
- Custom transformers in the 5060 are responsible for its larger than life sound -to accentuate the classic tone from the output transformers, you can use the Silk / Texture controls to dial in the desired amount of “color” depending on what each mix needs
- Professional grade 100mm fader determines the level of stereo input channels 1-8, with up to +10dB of additional line gain
- Stereo Inputs Channels 9-24: eight active stereo inputs with rotary faders for stem and aux inputs
- 100mm stereo fader provides level control for the master stereo buss, outputting to both the stereo buss monitor signal and the stereo master output - for adding compression and EQ to the mix buss, there is also a transformer-coupled insert engaged by the Insert switch
- Talkback has level control, a direct out, and assignment to insert sends 1-2 & 3-4, when the talkback switch is depressed, the speaker output levels are lowered according to the setting of the Dim control
- Standard transport functions in DAWs including play, stop, record, fast-forward, rewind, loop, shuttle / jog and marker drop are controlled through MIDI or USB interconnection
- Monitor Source Selection Selects the monitor source from between the stereo buss and three external monitor inputs
- Monitor Select selects which speaker output is active. By holding the Mon 3 button, the Mon 3 outs will "latch" on, allowing both Mon 1 & 2 for use with subwoofers or speakers in the cutting room
- Class A reference-grade headphone amplifier with headphone level control, headphone signal follows the selection of the monitor select
- Precision 21-step attenuator provides highly accurate left/right stereo tracking, perfect repeatability, and determines the level of the monitor output
- VU meters display the RMS signal level of the selected monitor source, and the peak indicator illuminates red when the peak threshold has been exceeded
- Engaged when either the Dim or Talkback switch is depressed, Dim reduces the monitor volume between -6 dB and -30 dB
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||Analog DB25|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Rupert Neve Designs 5060 Centerpiece 24x2 Desktop Mixer - Shelford.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields