QSC CMX800Va 2-Channel Power Amplifier
The QSC CMX800Va 70 V Amplifier from the CMXa Series amplifiers represents an economical and rugged power amplifier solution for installed sound applications. There are four CMXa models to choose from (CMX 300Va, CMX 500Va, CMX 800Va, and CMX 2000Va). The CMX amplifiers provide flexible input and output connectors making them ideal for use in projects such as performance halls, houses of worship, sport clubs, gymnasiums, dance venues, pubs, and FGM/BGM systems. The CMXa Series provides unmatched performance and user options at an affordable price point.
Proven and Reliable Power Plant
CMXa amplifiers incorporate everything QSC has learned in more than forty years of striving to deliver worry-free operations without failures. The design of these amplifiers starts with our world-class power supplies. The CMXa uses a powerful, high-current toroidal transformer and filtering to ensure generous energy reserves. This allows the amplifiers to effortlessly handle high-level transients, even when driving abusive 2 ohm speaker loads.
The amplifier output sections feature rugged class AB and class H architecture depending on power level. Efficient class H output sections on the CMX 800Va and CMX 2000Va reduce AC current draw and cut down on waste heat.
All CMXa amplifiers are protected from damage from shorted outputs. Automatic current limiting protects the amplifier from damage until the short is corrected.
CMXa amplifiers also feature DC protection systems to prevent loudspeaker damage in the unlikely event of an output transistor failure. DC voltage from the power supply is never passed directly to your speakers, even in the event of an output circuit failure.
The CMXa amplifiers deliver true and accurate studio-quality sound. A full complementary output circuit using high-grade linear output devices generates accurate, flat-frequency response with low distortion. SMT (Surface Mount Technology) triples small-signal component density, enabling high power output in a 2 rack unit chassis. Unlike other designs, CMXa output devices are directly mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling and cooling.
- “Flex-Use” loading options allows CMX Series amps to drive low-impedance loads down to 2 ohms, and certain models can direct-drive (no output transformer) 70V and 100V distributed loudspeaker systems
- “Flex-Use” input connectivity choices including actively balanced barrier strip, XLR, or ¼" TRS
- “Flex-Use” output connectivity choices include NL4 Speakon and detachable terminal block
- Rack mountable with chassis less than 16" (40.6 mm) deep
- 1 dB recessed, detented gain controls for fast, accurate, and repeatable settings
- Tamper-proof security cover for gain controls
- Recessed rear DIP switches for easy selection of stereo, parallel, or bridged mode operation, and enabling/disabling low-frequency filter protection
- Low-noise variable-speed fans with rear-to-front airflow help keep amplifiers and racks cool
|Unit Weight||44.5 lb|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the QSC CMX800Va 2-Channel Power Amplifier.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields