Pultec EQM-1S3 Program Equalizer - Mastering Version
Classics Have Come and Gone. This One Came Back. PULTEC.
Built on the same model as the EQP-1A3, Pultec’s EQM-1S3 mastering equalizer advances the recording process with even more frequency options on the high band. In addition, the design offers two separate bands that make it possible to have supreme control over both the high and low shelf. With a unique vintage look and modern electronics inside, this new version of a classic piece of recording gear will be a perfect fit in any studio.
Revived and alive, Pultec is back and here to stay. Through a decade of relentless commitment to perfection, Dr. Steven Jackson restarted Pulse Techniques' production of the original PULTEC equalizers, making the magnificent low end, silky-sweet high frequencies and wide-open sound available again for the first time in 30 years.
Considering the rarity of vintage units, the new Pultecs at Vintage King make the classic Pultec accessible again. They’ve been responsible for making recordings sound great for over 60 years and will continue on, thanks to Dr. Steven Jackson’s great new gear.
- Low shelf boost: +10 dB in .5 dB steps @ 30, 40, 70, 100 Hz
- Low shelf attenuate: -10 dB in .5 dB steps @ 30, 40, 70, 100 Hz
- Mid/high peak boost: +10 dB in .5 dB steps@ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 kHz
- High shelf boost: +8 dB db in .5 dB steps @ 5, 10 kHz
- High shelf attenuate: -10 dB in .5 dB steps @ 5, 10, 20 kHz
- Precision mastering-grade 21-position boost/cut rotary switches
- Input impedance: ~600 ohms
- Output impedance: ~50 ohms
- Noise: 92 dB below +10 dBm
- Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at +10 dBm into 600 ohms
- Amplifier: Flat, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 0.5 dB
- Tubes: 1 each - 12AU7, 12AX7, 6X4
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Truly sublime . The pultec in all its sonic glory in a world where you can’t be sure what you are buying any more it’s reassuring to know that Dr Steve Jackson is applying true craftsmanship to these works of art.
I’ve used these for 28 years but never owned a pair- I love them- the detects are great for my primary use- 2mix- and the build quality is 10/10
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Pultec EQM-1S3 Program Equalizer - Mastering Version.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields