To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
HEDD Type 20 MK2 3-Way Active Studio Monitor with DSP - Single, Left
The HEDD Type 20 MK2 is an iconic compact, active 3-way monitor with onboard Lineariser and CoP. HEDD MK2 series follow the success of the previous Series ONE monitors, which are used by some of the most successful and talented engineers, producers and sound designers such as Richard Devine (Apple, Google, Jaguar, etc), Heba Kadry (Björk, Slowdive, Ryuichi, Sakamoto), Illmind (Drake, Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar), and Hildur Guonnadottir (Academy Award winning composer of Joker, Chernobyl).
Implemented in the MK2 and subwoofer models is HEDD's well-known Linearizer, a phase linearization tool that leads to perfect impulse response and an audibly improved spatial reproduction. The MK2 Monitors have a new and improved lacquer for higher durability and better looks. The monitors will also be available in white.
Users for the first time can choose between the energy and bass-capacities of a modern bass-port design and the painstaking precision and control of a closed cabinet approach. Removable plugs for the bass reflex tubes, together with accordingly designed filter set ups allow optimum results in either mode.
Phase Linear Sub-Satellite System
HEDD are introducing a completely phase linear Sat-Sub system. These are the first Satellite Sub systems that are completely "right in time" by combining a phase linearized subwoofer with a correspondingly time delayed (group delayed) satellite output. Additionally the listener can compensate eventual distances between subwoofers and satellites to stay with linear phase reproduction for the complete system.
- 3-way system with 7" + 4" woofer and high-resolution HEDD AMT Tweeter
- Integrated amplifiers with 3x 300 W for up to 120 dB SPL/pair
- Closed or ported functionality
- Integrated DSP with AD/DA 96 kHz/32-bit
- HEDD Lineariser phase-correction
- Adjustable LFE, shelf and desk filters
|Active or Passive||Active|
|driver_sizes||7” + 4” woofer and high-resolution HEDD AMT tweeter|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
|Amp Wattage||3x 300 W|
|Max. SPL||120 dB|
These are the best studio monitors I've ever heard, regardless of price. They're pretty expensive if you're a freelance musician, composer, or producer but they will tell you the truth on your mixes and help you deliver a better product.
- The sound is very flat and honest without being sterile. These are fun speakers to listen to music on and will not tire your ears after hours mixing or producing.
- The built-in "linearizer" feature is a game changer. With it off, these are just classy monitors. With it on, you can hear every single element in a song with startling clarity. The sub frequencies deliver a "note" rather than just a rumble, and transients are smooth and present. The only trade off is 10ms or so of latency, so leave it off when recording and turn it on when you mix.
Just a heads up that after unpacking and arranging these monitors in your studio you should definitely load up a tone generator plugin in your DAW and run pink noise at a reasonable volume for a few hours. This will wear the speakers in and they'll reveal themselves more after about 24 hours of cumulative listening or so. I've had them for a week now and it's a joy to sit down and produce music on these. Thanks HEDD and the Vintage King team.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the HEDD Type 20 MK2 3-Way Active Studio Monitor with DSP - Single, Left.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields