Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer
The Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer is an advanced mastering EQ with a 100% analog audio signal path. It features USB connectivity with Mac/PC allowing for all parameters to be digitally controlled via touchscreen and/or DAW (with dedicated plug-in). The Mastering Equalizer comes with 399 presets, total recall, A/B comparison. The 5-inch capacitive touchscreen with back-light and multi-touch functionality includes four encoders with push-button action for ease of control. It features stereo, dual-mono and mid/side operation modes with solo function.
- Stereo 12 or 24 dB/oct high-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency (15 Hz – 150 Hz) and resonance
- Four stereo parametric filters with 15 dB boost/cut range, variable Q (0.2 – 3) - EQ1: 23 Hz – 400 Hz (bell/shelf); EQ2: 80 Hz – 2 kHz (bell); EQ3: 400 Hz – 10 kHz (bell); EQ4: 1 kHz – 23 kHz (bell/shelf)
- Stereo passive equalizer with extended hi-boost section (23 and 28 kHz) and separate frequencies for low-boost and low-cut sections
- Stereo 12 dB/oct low-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency
- Adjustable output level (±12 dB)
- Gain Lock and Auto-Q functions
- Onboard measurement of PEAK/RMS levels and RTA analyzer
- On-screen live representation of the EQ curve
- Balanced stereo input (XLR), 23 dBu max input level (THD < 0.1%)
- Balanced stereo output (XLR), 23 dBu max output level (THD < 0.1%)
- Operating Level: +4 dBu
- Input impedance (differential): 48kΩ (for balanced signal)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω + 50Ω (electronically balanced)
- Frequency response 5 Hz to 30 kHz; ±0.1 dB
- Dynamic range: 115 dB @ +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- THD+N: CMRR: max 80 dB @ 3 kHz, min 55 dB @ 50 Hz, 20 kHz BW
- Crosstalk: min -90 dB @ 1 kHz, max -55 dB @ 30Hz, +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- 2U enclosure, 230 mm deep
- 115/230 V switch
- Advanced linear power supply with toroidal AC mains transformer
- Maximum power consumption: 30 W
- Shipping weight: 5.5 kg
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Solid EQ. Very, very clean. If you're looking for some mojo, this is not your box. But, if you're looking for a unit that won't impose itself on your track, you should look into it.
A fantastic addition to my rack. Sounds great and the plug-in+USB integration means instant recall and automation. Incredible.
The controls allow fine adjustments to all parametric variables. The “pultec”. EQ has some interesting capability, but I find the parametric most useful. Having the EQ curve on display really helps me.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields