To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Avantone Active MixCube Mini Reference Monitor - Black, Pair
The Avantone Active MixCubes™ are designed to be high resolution, full-range powered mini-reference monitors for fixed or remote locations.
The secondary engineering facet was to create a timeless design that compliments a single full range transducer.
Studios primarily use two-way and three-way large monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels.
However, in the newly developing age of high-definition audio, there is still a need to hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, iPod docking stations, etc.
It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing.
More than twelve months of R&D, comparative listening & tweaking went into the voicing of the AVANTONE MixCubes™.
The result is a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from those old familiar 5C Sound Cubes™ engineers were so fond of in the 1980s and1990s. Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes™ have a smoother mid range, more accurate, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining the basic characteristics of those original little cubes.
- Constructed of non-layered, high rigidity MDF board due to its natural low-resonance characteristics
- All cabinet edges are radiused
- Limited-edition black finish
- 7mm thick neoprene pad embedded into the base of the cabinet serves as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator
- For creative mounting situations, we recessed an industry standard 5/8”-27 mic stand mount into the base
- System Type: Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- Driver Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
- Max SPL: 104db @ 1 meter = 1%THD (PINK NOISE)
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Amplifier Power: 60 watts RMS@ .005% THD (1KHz)
- Amp Frequency Response: 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- Noise: S/N -113 dB
- Sensitivity: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Driver: Proprietary design 5.25" cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
- Cabinet: Sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- Weight: 7 lb 5 oz (per speaker)
- Dimensions: 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2"
|Unit Weight||7.3 lb|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|driver_sizes||5.25" cast aluminum frame, paper cone, shielded|
|Number of Speakers||Pair|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Amp Wattage||60 watts RMS @ .005% THD (1 kHz)|
|Frequency Range||22 Hz - 50 kHz|
|Max. SPL||104 dB @ 1 m|
These are fantastic for checking your mixes in mono or just gaining a different perspective. If it sounds good on these it will sound good pretty much anywhere. They really focus from about 100hz to 10khz, allowing you to hone in on important midrange frequencies. Well worth the purchase!
Being able to jump between these and my good speakers quickly is such a time saver.
Less ear fatigue than listening to my matched NS-10M &no crossover points in the design.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Avantone Active MixCube Mini Reference Monitor - Black, Pair.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields