Zoom U-44 Handy Audio Interface
The Zoom U-44 Handy Audio Interface is a compact, 4-in/4-out audio interface that enables you to record and perform wherever you are. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the U-44 comes equipped with the features you need to record 24-bit/96 kHz audio anywhere.
The U-44 offers the same high-quality, low-noise mic preamps as the acclaimed H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, plus compatibility with Zoom’s Interchangeable Input Capsules for incredible possibilities. Use the U-44 with your PC, Mac, or iPhone/iPad via USB—or as a standalone AD/DA converter and mic preamp. No other audio interface provides this much versatility, value, and performance.
The World is Your Studio
Wherever you want to record, the bus-powered U-44 forms the perfect centerpiece of your mobile studio. Connect instruments, monitors, and other devices when you’re recording at home—or hook it up to your iPhone/iPad* to make music on the go. If bus power isn’t available, the U-44 can run on just two AA batteries, allowing you to record anywhere.
Can your interface do this?
Thanks to its 10-pin Zoom connector, the U-44 is compatible with all Zoom interchangeable input capsules (sold separately), representing a powerful field recording setup. Choose from six capsules—X/Y, Shock Mount X/Y, Mid-Side, Shotgun, Stereo Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo Input—each with its own unique applications. Record the audience during your live performance, or connect the SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun for dialogue and sound design on your latest film project.
Pristine Recording and Playback
Inspired by the Zoom H-series recorders, the U-44 is equipped with high-performance, low-noise mic preamps that enable recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use U-44 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity.
It’s All About Connections
The U-44 features a full array of inputs and outputs so you’ll always be prepared for any recording or live performance. Two combo inputs with independent gain knobs and multi-color level indicators provide flexibility for connecting mics, keyboards, and mixers. 48V phantom power can be supplied to inputs 1 and 2, and input 1 supports Hi-Z input for connecting passive guitars, basses, or other instruments. MIDI I/O jacks enable synchronization with devices like electronic keyboards, controllers, and synthesizer or sampler modules.
Multiple output options—including 1/4”, RCA, and S/PDIF—allow you to connect DJ mixers, speakers, and more. Monitoring your mixes is easy thanks to a dedicated headphone output with independent volume control. The direct monitor knob makes it possible to blend your headphone mix between the input and playback signals—perfect for live electronic music performance and DJing.
Control Your Mix
With advanced monitoring options, the U-44 lets you dial in your ideal mix. Create a balanced headphone mix between your click track and main out signals during live performances. Or balance the cue and main out signals when you’re DJing. The outputs of channels A and B can be muted, providing even more control. Plus, direct monitoring enables you to hear the live signal you’re recording without latency—simply adjust between the input and computer playback signals to create the perfect mix.
Standalone AD/DA Conversion
When you’re transferring audio, high-quality AD/DA conversion is critical. The U-44 functions in standalone mode as a high-quality mic preamp and AD/DA converter to ensure complete transparency when converting audio formats. You can choose between a 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling rate for conversion.
- Connect digital audio gear to analog amps and mixers
- Create digital samples for your songs
- Digitize your analog records and tapes
- Transfer archived recordings to digital
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad
- Connect to iPhone/iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- Two mic/line inputs with high-performance mic preamps
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Compatible with Zoom interchangeable input capsules via 10-pin connector
- Standalone AD/DA conversion
- Functions as a two-channel mic preamp with analog and digital outputs
- Approximately 4 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Four-channel simultaneous inputs
- Hi-Z support (input 1)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Three TRS phone jack outputs
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF optical/coaxial input and output
- Gain control knobs for each input
- +48 V phantom power for inputs 1 and 2
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Operation manual
- Ableton Live 9 Lite software download code
- USB Cable
|Unit Weight||310 g|
|Analog or Digital||Digital|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||96 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Zoom U-44 Handy Audio Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields