To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Zoom H3-VR 360º VR Handy Audio Recorder
The Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder is the complete solution for capturing and processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. With a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the H3-VR puts 360-audio in the palm of your hand.
In the past, capturing VR audio required a dedicated Ambisonic mic, a separate recorder and a computer for encoding the audio from raw Ambisonics A format to VR-ready Ambisonics B format. Now, with the H3-VR, all of the encoding and decoding is done on board, saving time, money and effort at every step.
The H3-VR’s compact, conical design captures audio from multiple angles without getting in the way of the camera or the action.
Audio For Every Reality
- Ambisonics Audio for VR: The H3-VR’s 4-capsule Ambisonic mic captures precise 360-degree VR audio recordings up to 24 bit/96 kHz. And without ever connecting to a computer, the onboard decoder allows you to export Ambisonics B-format files directly.
- Binaural 3D Stereo: The H3-VR also records stereo binaural WAV files up to 24 bit/48 kHz. Stereo binaural provides a hyper-realistic spatial recording that enhances 2D productions with 3D audio.
- Standard Stereo: The H3-VR even offers standard stereo recording for recordings that will be played out of speakers rather than headphones.
- 5.1ch Surround for Video: Free to download, ZOOM Ambisonics Player software can easily convert Ambisonics audio to a 5.1ch surround file that is pre-aligned to the proper speakers, and is exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video.
- Live Streaming 360: The H3-VR also enables you to live stream events in 360 degrees so that wherever your fans are, they’ll have access to the best seats in the house.
6-Axis Motion Sensor
Auto Mic Position and Level Detection make placing the H3-VR simple. Whether positioned upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted, the H3-VR automatically calibrates so your audio and video are already aligned for post.
Upgrade Your Game Experience
The slam of dungeon doors, growl of monsters or howl of the wind can make or break a player’s fantasy. With the ability to capture high-quality in-game audio, you can elevate your player’s experience to new levels.
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire,
- upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert to binaural, stereo, and 5.1-channel surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
|Package Contents||H3-VR Handy Recorder, foam windscreen, dual mounting bracket, and AA batteries|
|Unit Weight||0.25 lb|
|Analog or Digital||Digital|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||96 kHz|
|Digital Recording Format||SD Card|
|Input Connectors||3.5 mm TRS|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Zoom H3-VR 360º VR Handy Audio Recorder.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields