WMDevices Triple Bipolar VCA
The WMDevices Triple Bipolar VCA is an input side expansion for the Phase Displacement Oscillator. This module provides dedicated inverting/polarizing/bipolar amplitude modulating inputs normaled to the Phase Modulation inputs on the PDO.
A bipolar VCA is like a normal VCA when operated with positive control voltage. But when using a negative control voltage, the output will swing back through zero amplitude and the output will be inverted. This produces deeper modulation than a normal VCA.
The Triple Bipolar VCA is also designed to be used as a standalone module, it does not require the PDO to operate.
Controls and I/O
- +In - This is the normal input for each VCA channel. It drives the inverting side of the Bipolar VCA. These inputs are normaled from outputs on the PDO.
- -In - This is the second input for the VCA channel. Normaled through this jack is the inverted signal from the + Input. Plugging in here converts the channel from a Bipolar VCA to a dual VCA. Negative control voltages will open the - side, and positive control voltages will open the + side. This allows you to use two modulation sources and alternate between them, while still retaining control over amplitude.
- CV - This input jack drives the CV knob. It can handle unipolar or bipolar signals.
- Out - This is the output of each VCA channel. They are normaled to the Phase Modulation inputs on the PDO.
- Bias Knob - Sets the manual gain for the VCA. Centered will have a zero output (with 0V control voltage).
- CV Knob - This knob is a bipolar attenuator for the signal applied to the CV jack. Spin clockwise from center for positive CV interactions, counterclockwise to invert the CV.
- Mix Out - This output jack mixes the signals from each VCA.
- Three Bipolar VCAs
- Normaling to PDO
- Linear Response
- Bipolar Attenuator for CV
- Mix Output Sums All Three VCAs
- Bi-color Signal LEDs
- "-" Input for Mix Through Zero
- Skiffable PCB Design
- 8 HP
- +80mA/-75mA Current Consumption
|Maximum Depth||25 mm|
|Module Slot Count||8hp|
|Connector Type||3.5 mm|
|Power Consumption||+80 mA/-75 mA|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the WMDevices Triple Bipolar VCA.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields