To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
WesAudio ngBusComp Bus Compressor
The legendary sound of the stereo bus compressor has been used on countless recordings for over 40 years. Often recognized as mixbus glue, this particular compression sound has become industry standard. WesAudio have improved this design creating whole new level of versatility with unbelievable modern DAW integration. The WesAudio ngBusComp Bus Compressor is a fully analog, dual mono, stereo, mid-side compressor, with digital recall.
The first and most important feature ngBusComp is its 100% analog topology with +27 dBu of headroom. Regardless of its digital control, the fully analog signal path provides top VCA compression sound. It includes four THAT 2181 VCA in the signal chain, and one in side chain detector for each channel. ngBusComp detectors can be linked and unlinked anytime allowing true bus compression behavior, as dual mono compression when needed!
Channels can be linked/unlinked anytime allowing you to have different settings on both channels.
The Mid-Side mix can be used separately for each channel, but if you would like to change balance of whole track, you can engage the “parameter link” and the Make Up gain of both channels will be adjusted relatively keeping same volume difference.
Mid-Side operation allows you to give your side channel different compression settings than middle channel! With ngBusComp you can select your output stage to be either electronically balanced, or transformer balanced with precise output PAD.
In IRON mode it is possible to use Make Up gain to drive the transformers, and special output PAD allow to turn signal down! PAD passive attenuator managed via relay cascade up to 15 dB with 1 dB steps.
With MIX knob at your disposal, parallel compression has never been simpler to achieve. With ngBusComp your MIX setting can be automated in your DAW. Suppose you'd like to push your compressor harder in chorus... there's nothing simpler! Just record an automation using touch sensitive encoder, or draw your automation lines in DAW!
ngBusComp features proprietary THD implementation with very detailed variable control. Total harmonic distortion allows to saturate your signal with beautiful analog color. For ngBusComp it can be dialed in to be subtle or very apparent thanks to variable control with dedicated knob!
ngBusComp Side chain filter functionality allows to modify signal going into the compressor’s detector. It includes 3 high-pass filters at 60, 90 and 150 Hz, and 2 tilt filters which are special “curve” designed filters.
ngBusComp provides selectable ratios of 1.5:1 and 2:1 for gentle mixbus processing, 4:1 and 10:1 for large variety of applications, and INF mode to hit and crash your transients. ngBusComp allows to create custom side chain signal to control each channel of compressor
Even using ngBusComp as pure analog signal processor you can easily switch between three memory settings with a magic of a simple buttons.
ngBusComp supports direct USB connection, or you can also managed it in your local network, just plug in ethernet cable to your router!
Along with classic analog compressor you receive most demanded feature in audio industry TOTAL RECALL. Full plug-in control through VST2/VST3/AU/AAX/AAX DSP makes ngBusComp compatible with most, if not all major DAWs. Total integration with your beloved DAW will change your workflow forever!
- 100% analog device with +24 dBu of headroom powered by QUAD VCA THAT 2181
- Dual-mono and stereo compression
- Mid-side mode
- Two selectable output stages normal (electronically balanced) and IRON (transformer balanced)
- IRON PAD passive attenuator allows to drive output transformer for musical saturation
- Flexible DAW/Live plug-in control for instant recall
- Controllable through standalone WesAudio application
- Relative parameter linking for better unit management
- MIX KNOB FOR PARALLEL COMPRESSION
- Detailed metering for both channels Gain reduction, input and output
- Proprietary THD with precise variable control
- Side-chain filters 3 high-pass filters at 60, 90 and 150 Hz, and 2 tilt filters which are special “curve” designed filters
- External side chain for each channel via TRS back connector
- FIVE RATIO SETTINGS 1.5:1 and 2:1 for gentle mixbus processing, 4:1 and 10:1 for large variety of applications, and INF (crash) mode!
- Management via Ethernet or USB
- A/B/C compare feature
- TOTAL RECALL AND Plug-in CONTROL compatible with most DAWs
- ANALOG AUTOMATION in DAW
- 4 Touch sensitive encoders per each channel allow to record automation in DAW
- Fully digitally controlled and isolated analog circuit,
- True bypass
- Free software and firmware upgrades
- Size: 3U
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Computer Connection||Ethernet, USB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the WesAudio ngBusComp Bus Compressor.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields