Warm Audio WA-CX12 Tube Condenser Microphone
Faithful recreation of the most natural and balanced tube condenser microphone of all time featuring a custom TAB-Funkenwerk USA output transformer and a meticulously spec'd solid brass CK12-style capsule matching the warmth and detail of the original
A faithful recreation of the renowned C12 tube mic, the Warm Audio WA-CX12 is a nine-pattern large diaphragm condenser microphone that’s tailor-made for capturing professional vocal and instrumental performances as well as natural, balanced room tones. In order to capture the smooth highs and vibrant midrange of the original, the WA-CX12 utilizes Warm’s proprietary CK12-style capsule, a custom output transformer and a premium 12AY7 vacuum tube.
A popular choice for rock, pop, jazz and R&B, the original C12 was used on countless hit records by superstars such as The Beatles, Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift, Alanis Morrisette, Celine Dion and more. Warm Audio cut no corners with this recreation, starting with a custom edge-terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK 12-style capsule, meticulously selected to deliver the detail and warmth of the original. Next, Warm utilized a custom large-core TAB-Funkenwerk output transformer imported from Germany to drive the signal. Finally, a hand-selected 12AY7 vacuum tube delivers rich, pleasing harmonics and plenty of vintage vibe.
Known for being a studio workhorse, both the original C12 and the WA-CX12 feature nine polar patterns including cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 patterns—plus 6 intermediate stages for ultimate versatility, especially in stereo-pairs. A boutique 7-pin GAC-7 tube cable constructed in Switzerland using vintage-correct construction methods and highly-upgraded components ensures no color or character is lost during signal transfer. And of course, the WA-CX12 includes a custom, ultra-durable, vintage-vibe tweed carrying case for transporting your mic from session to session. So don’t wait! Get the Warm Audio condenser mic today and make music magic happen.
- Faithful recreation of the most natural and balanced tube microphone of all time featuring a highly accurate sound profile compared to the original, known for its organic tones and elevated room sounds
- Organic and natural sounding tone with pleasing high end and colorful midrange so you feel the performance come through
- Dual capsule, edge-terminated, and custom machined out of solid brass - meticulously spec’d to match the detail and warmth of the original
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk USA Output Transformer: large-core imported German laminations drive all of the full natural sound captured by the capsule
- Rigorously tested, hand-selected 12AY7 Vacuum Tube
- 9 polar patterns including cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 patterns plus 6 intermediate stages for ultimate versatility, especially in stereo-pairs
- Boutique 7-pin GAC-7 tube cable from Gotham Switzerland featuring vintage-correct construction methods and highly-upgraded components achieving near-perfect signal transfer
- Safely transport your mic anywhere with the custom, ultra-durable, vintage-vibe tweed carrying case
|Unit Weight||2.4 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
|Tube Type||Premium 12AY7 vacuum tube|
|Capsule Type||All-brass vintage CK12-style capsule|
|Polar Pattern||Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight, Cardioid, Omni-Directional, Variable-Pattern|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||200 Ohms (output)|
|Frequency Range||30 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Max. SPL||149 dB|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Warm Audio WA-CX12 Tube Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields