Warm Audio WA-47F Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone
Faithful recreation of an exceedingly rare, wildly popular large diaphragm FET microphone known for its ability to handle high sound pressure levels with great accuracy making it perfect for drums and vocals
A faithful recreation of the renowned U47 FET mic, the Warm Audio WA-47F is a versatile large diaphragm condenser microphone that’s perfect for capturing loud, gritty noises, from thunderous drums to roaring guitar amps and in-your-face vocals. In order to capture the massive sound of the original, the WA-47F utilizes Warm’s proprietary K47-style capsule and a custom output transformer.
Celebrated as the “secret weapon” for kick drums and vocals, the original U47 FET was used on countless hit records by superstars such as Aimee Mann, Van Halen, Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), AC/DC and more. Warm Audio cut no corners with this recreation, starting with a gold-sputtered, large diaphragm, single-backplate K47-style capsule, meticulously selected to capture an ultra-wide frequency response and high SPLs, just like the original. Perfect for drums, amplifiers and even horn sections, the WA-47F can easily handle SPLs up to 137 dB and 147 dB with -10 dB pad engaged.
Next, Warm utilized a custom large-core TAB-Funkenwerk output transformer imported from Germany to drive the signal. Finally, premium Fairchild transistors ensure edgy harmonics with plenty of vintage vibe. And of course, the WA-47F includes a premium wood box for transporting your mic from session to session and custom hard mount for attaching the mic to any standard stand. So don’t wait. Get your Warm Audio 47F from Vintage King Audio today and bring your music to life.
- Faithful recreation of a high-SPL, low noise classic providing excellent sonic versatility and the uncanny ability to handle high SPLs - just like the original!
- Sound profile fabled for being a "secret weapon" for huge kick drum sounds while the custom tuned frequency response helps add a pristine edge to solo vocals that need to stand out
- Premium reproduction of the vintage K47-style capsule found in the original microphone for ultra-wide frequency response and detail
- Custom TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer - large-core imported German laminations drive the punchy, powerful sound captured by the capsule
- Exceptional high-SPL handling making it amazing for drums, horns, and cranked amps - easily handles high SPLs up to 137 dB and 147 dB with -10 dB pad engaged
- Elite build quality with boutique components for a no-compromise addition to your professional mic locker
- Premium accessories: safely store your mic anywhere with the included premium wood box and mount the mic to any stand with the attached hard mount
|Unit Weight||2 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Capsule Type||Gold sputtered, large-diaphragm, single backplate K47-style capsule|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||150 Ohms (output)|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 19 kHz|
|Filters||140 Hz high-pass filter|
|Max. SPL||137 dB; 147dB with -10 dB pad engaged|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Warm Audio WA-47F Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields