To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Warm Audio WA-412 4-Channel Preamp
The Warm Audio WA-412 4-Channel Preamp provides 4 channels of classic American console preamps in a sleek 1RU design. This style of preamp is often referred to as "the sound of Rock n' Roll" for its BIG punchy low end and smooth open top end. The price/performance ratio of the WA-412 is almost unfathomable to the experienced studio engineer who has possibly paid much more for preamps of this style during their career. Featuring fully discrete socketed 6-pin opamps and custom wound Altran USA input and output transformers, the WA-412 leaves nothing to be desired. If you are looking for multiple channels of world class tone in an affordable package, the WA-412 is the right choice for you.
Packed With Features
The WA-412 has all of the features one would expect from this style of preamp... and more. Output Trim is available on every channel for precise control and creative gain staging. A Tone switch (transformer input impedance) is also available on each channel, which allows you to choose between a warm and punchy classic console tone, or go for a more open & neutral sound.
Each channel utilizes a fully discrete socketed 6-pin opamp that can be swapped with other opamps. Discrete opamp circuitry is known for its high headroom and low distortion characteristics and has much to do with the coveted sound of these classic console preamps.
Warm Audio are proud to be using input and output transformers that are made in the USA by high-end transformer manufacturer, Altran. They worked closely with Altran to create unique transformers that extend the low frequency response of these classic preamps. The transformers also use a vintage winding technique that produces a very distinct smooth BIG character.
Carefully choosing the WA-412 components has resulted in an amazing four channel ‘workhorse’ preamp/DI that performs at the highest levels, while still adding vintage console magic to your signal.
- 4-channel microphone preamplifier + instrument DI
- Fully discrete, transformer coupled, through-hole component topology
- Altran USA custom wound, premium input and output transformers
- X520 discrete opamp in every channel, socketed for convenience - can be user-replaced with most 6 pin, discrete opamps for varying tone and flavor
- 65 dB gain
- Inputs: microphone XLR and active instrument 2MEG Ohm Hi-Z
- Outputs: transformer balanced XLR & TRS
- -20 dB pad - pads both mic and instrument DI inputs
- Tone button input impedance - switches from 600 Ohms to 150 Ohms (affects the tone of both the mic and Hi-Z inputs)
- Self noise: <-90 dB (nominal)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz <±0.25 dB (tone button out), 20 Hz TO 20 kHz ±2 dB (tone button in)
- +48 volt phantom power
- LED metering
- Output trim knob for precise level control and tone sculpting
- Internal power supply (grounded, 3 pin IEC cord)
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Warm Audio WA-412 4-Channel Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields