Vintech X81 Microphone Preamp/EQ
While many people love the classic Neve 1081 module because of its versatile equalizer section, many feel that it's use of class AB amplifiers causes it to lack that certain "magic" associated with the class A amplifiers found in the Neve 1073 module. The Vintech Audio X81 features the same great microphone preamplifier as the X73, but with a more comprehensive four-band equalizer with "Q" adjustments on the two mid-range frequencies.
Vintech utilizes the same Class A amplifier designs found in the Neve 1073 module throughout the X81 Class A. The equalizer section features ten low mid frequency points, 10 hi-mid frequencies, 5 frequency choices on both the low and high shelving adjustments. There is also a high pass filter, a D.I. and an output strength meter.
- Class-A output amplifier that uses a 2N3055 NPN power transistor
- One rack space 16-gauge, all-steel Chassis
- St. Ives output transformer
- Hand wired, gold-plated, 22 position Elma rotary input gain switch
- Output Level control by Clarostat
- EQ switches by Electroswitch
- Gold contacts
- 1,200 OR 300 ohm input impedance
- Rear Neutrik XLR in/out, TRS out
- Rear XLR balanced line input
- 1/4" 100k ohm direct instrument input on the front panel
- Hi shelving at 15, 10, 6.8, 4.7, and 3.3kHz
- Highpass filter at 50, 80, 160, 220Hz and off
- Lower and Upper Mid EQ frequencies with a variable broad Q of 1.7 to 7:
- HMF selectable at 8.2, 6.8, 5.6, 4.7, 3.9, 3.3, 2.7, 2.2, 1.8, 1.5kHz and off
- LMF selectable at 1200, 1000, 820, 680, 560, 470, 390, 330, 270, 220Hz and off
- Low shelving at 300, 180, 100, 56, 33Hz and off
- Input gain control
- Output level control
- Phase reverse switch
- +48-Volt phantom power switch
- EQ in/out switch
- LED output gain display ranging from -6 dB to +18 dB
- Power indicator LED
Note: This unit requires the Vintech Power Supply.
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Vintech X81 Microphone Preamp/EQ.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields