Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor – No Longer Available
The Vertigo VCA is in fact named 1979. Some of the best features of these classic Compressors have been complimented in the VSC. This classic based sound is combined with a modern mastering grade signal path. Some unique and innovative features lie beneath the bonnet, such as the ratio which increases with level in ‘Soft’ mode.
VSC-2 Unique Features
- One for all! True Mono and True Stereo
- Dual - Mono, no shared contols
- In Stereo Mode Channel A controls become master
- The Stereo signal is phase coherent under all settings
- No phase shift or L-R problems can occur due to the innovative SC design
- The Signal path is of Mastering quality
- Real stereo mode! Channel A is stereo master
- There is a minimum of circuitry with a hard relay bypass
- Settings from Soft Knee (Soft=TipToe) to Hard Knee (Brick)
- The Ratio selection switch compensates to provide equal loudness, allowing immediate comparison
- Side chain High Pass Filters with two switchable frequencies are provided onboard
- Metering is analogue with carefully chosen ballistics, and beautifully lit!
- Handsome parameter control via customized scale ranges
- Internal components are of the ultimate quality, modified where necessary
- A Toroid transformer ensures no PSU noise
- The ‘1979’ VCA is made of individual components, no Integrated Circuits
- Encased in a ceramic material for thermal stability
- This 1979 unit adds character to the sound, similar to some Vintage units;
- The harder it compresses the more it colours
- This VCA delivers Real Analogue punch, so difficult to achieve with modern software plug-ins
- A Jensen transformer and a state of the art line-out driver complete the picture by providing perfectly balanced In and Outs
The heart of the VSC-2 – the discrete VCA 1979
99% of all newer designs use an Integrated Circuit for this job which makes production easy and cost extensive.
Here's the big difference!
The Vertigo Sound 1979 is a fully discrete handbuilt V-oltage C-ontrolled A-mplifier.
This VCA colours the signal the more you compress and "make up" the output.
This basic effect plus a very well thought out circuitry and choice of components gives you a fresh, punchy precise sound without sounding dull or nasty even if the unit is pushed hard.
The precision of this technique makes the Vertigo ideally suited for Mastering and Mix Buss compression.
Mono Mode is the exact opposite. Each channel has entirely separate control and metering. Crosstallk is less than minus 100dB, like two separate units!
This provides two world class Compressor/Limiters for Tracking and Mixing.
- Stereo / Dual Mono switchable
- Jensen Balanced In. That 1646 or Burr Brown Balanced Out
- Dynamic Range: 115 db
- Frequency response: 10 Hz ... 70 kHz (- 3 db)
- Max. Output Level: + 25 dBu / 600 Ohm balanced floating
- Signal to Noise Ratio at + 6 dBu = 97 db (20..20 kHz, unweighted, RMS)
- Noise: – 91 dBu (20 Hz – 22 khz – unweighted, RMS) @ 0 db Unity Gain
- Crosstalk between channels: > 100 db at any frequency
- Power consumption: max 8 Watts
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields