Vanguard V13 gen2 Tube Condenser Microphone
Re-imagined large-diaphragm multi-pattern tube condenser microphone with upgraded 34mm capsule, 9-pattern tube condenser with VLSM shockmount
The Vanguard V13 gen2 Tube Condenser Microphone is a large-diaphragm multi-pattern tube condenser microphone lovingly re-imagined by the Vanguard team over the last 2 years. Vanguard sought to improve upon the legacy of the lauded original V13, combining smooth modern detail with vintage warmth and character. With a gen2 upgraded power supply, premium cryogenically-treated tube circuitry (including US-made audiophile-grade resistors), Neutrik Group interconnects, and a VLSM shockmount, the V13 will be your go-to microphone for vocals and instruments alike.
The V13 was designed in the USA, and undergoes final assembly in sunny Southern California. Performed 100% quality control – every single microphone undergoes a series of stringent audio and visual tests here in Southern California before being hand-packed.
Every part of the V13 was designed to be robust and reliable. Wherever possible, components were over-specced. The deep-cycle cryogenic treatment improves the lifespan and performance of critical electronic components. Brass, stainless steel, aluminum, and zinc are part of the heavy-duty construction. Every Vanguard microphone is backed by a FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY.
The V13 is designed with the character of yesteryear’s iconic vintage tube microphones in mind, while also utilizing the latest technology to ensure that every nuance and detail of the performance is faithfully captured. Specifically engineered with warm, full lows, a precise and detailed midrange, and buttery-smooth high end. The result is a microphone that unifies warmth with clarity, depth with detail, and character with precision.
The V13 is particularly forgiving when it comes to vocal style and timbre. Oftentimes, microphones can be a bit choosy when it comes to how they mesh with different vocalists, but they have found that the V13 sounds great with almost any vocal complexion. Tested on both male and female vocalists in a diversity of ranges, styles, and genres, most found that the V13 was usually the top option, despite being matched against microphones several times its cost.
One important design objective was maintaining a low noise floor – no small feat when working with vacuum tube circuitry. When tested against several $5000 European tube microphones, the V13 had the lowest noise floor by a significant margin.
After hundreds of hours of listening and testing dozens of design variations with world-class engineers, the V13 is a top-shelf microphone with an incredibly low noise-floor. This is truly a professional, world-class microphone.
When you buy a V13, you also get a VLSM Heavy-Duty Shockmount. Vanguard wanted to rethink the standard “spider-style” shockmount of old, and designed the VLSM with a few nifty features. First is the open front, which allows you to position the microphone as close to the source as necessary. Second, are the installed aerospace-grade suspension rings that won’t break, sag, crack, or stretch over time. This shockmount was designed to fit any microphone with M22x1 threading, so you also can use it with a number of microphones from other manufacturers.
The V13 also comes with the redesigned PS-13 gen2 power supply, which allows you to select any of 9 available polar patterns on your microphone. It's encouraged to experiment with the different polar patterns, as each one changes the frequency response of the microphone. The PS-13 can operate from 110-240V. A 7-pin XLR Neutrik Group cable connects the PS-13 to the V13.
When not in use, your V13 should be stored in its padded pinewood box with the included dessicant packets.
The black aluminum locking carrying case with the V13 keeps your microphone, cables, and power supply in one place, and includes a slot for a spare vacuum tube. 12AX7, 12AT7, and 12AY7 tube types will work with the V13 microphone. Folks who experiment sonically with NOS tubes can feel safe using these tube types.
- PS-13 gen2 Power Supply with Neutrik audio connectors
- Padded Pinewood Microphone Box
- VLSM Large Shockmount with aerospace-grade suspension rings
- Locking Aluminum Carrying Case
- Heavy-Gauge 7-pin Microphone Cable with REAN Connectors
- Custom-voiced, edge-terminated 34mm dual-capsule assembly with gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragms
- 9 polar patterns (selectable at power supply)
- Vacuum tube analog circuitry with premium-grade components
- Hand-selected European vacuum tube
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal path components
- Transformer-coupled output – humbucking, shielded, dual-bobbin transformer
- -10dB pad and low-frequency rolloff toggle switches
- Robust redesigned power supply design for ultra-low noise floor
- Open-weave headgrills for natural sound with low internal reflections
- Vanguard’s proprietary hand-tuned custom voicing
- Heavy-duty brass, aluminum, stainless steel, and zinc metal construction
- Rear venting to prolong tube and component life
- Open-weave headbasket for low internal reflections and “open-air” voicing
- Each V13 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- 100% Quality Control
- 5-Year Warranty / 90-day warranty for vacuum tube
- Exquisite deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Laser-etched model and serial numbers
|Package Contents||V13 mic, VLSM shock mount, 7-pin cable, carrying case, PS-13 gen2 power supply, and power cable|
|Unit Weight||1 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
|Capsule Type||Edge-terminated 34mm dual-capsule|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Max. SPL||134 dB|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Vanguard V13 gen2 Tube Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields