Teletronix LA-2A Reissue 2 UREI/Harman #3126 (Vintage)
Essentially there are six different versions of the LA-2A, based on various design elements, parts, outward appearance, and parent companies. The six revisions can best be classified as: Revision 1 (the original); Revisions 2A, 2B and 2C (all inter-related in various ways); Reissue 1 and Reissue 2. The first four versions kept consecutive serial numbers, while the two reissues had their own numbering scheme.
The final, seventh version, appeared when Universal Audio was resurrected by Bill Putnam Jr., and the LA-2A made its modern reappearance in the line of "UA Classics".
Briefly the differences are most easily classified by company ownership:
- Revision 1 - the original, produced in 1962 by Teletronix under Jim Lawrence, inventor of the LA-2A.
- Revision 2A - Teletronix patent is acquired by Babcock Electronics
- Revision 2B - Teletronix patent is licensed from Babcock Electronics by Bill Putnam Sr. / Studio Electronics
- Revision 2C - Teletronix patent is acquired from Babcock Electronics by Bill Putnam Sr. / UREI
- Reissue 1 - late 70s reissue by UREI / United Recording Electronics Industries
- Reissue 2 - late 80s reissue after UREI is acquired by Harman Electronics / JBL
This unit is from a limited edition of about 235 silver face units, dubbed Reissue 2, with the following features:
- Serial numbers 3001-3200 (approx.)
- Faceplate is brushed aluminum with red "Teletronix" logo
- Serial No. is on one sticker, with the name Harman Electronics and a date code
- UTC A-10 Input Transformer
- UTC A-24 Output Transformer
- T4B Opto-attenuator
- Front panel safety switch
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Teletronix LA-2A Reissue 2 UREI/Harman #3126 (Vintage).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields