Avalon VT 737-SP #15007 (Used)
The VT-737SP has three input selections:
1. The VT-737SP features a higher-performance microphone input transformer with +48v phantom selection.
2. Instrument DI high source input with jack located on front panel.
3. Balanced line input, discrete high-level Class A.
The Class A preamplifier utilizes two cascaded, dual vacuum tube triodes configured with minimum negative feedback. A high gain switch boosts the overall gain of the preamplifier. The four high quality tubes are configured as singled ended anode coupled followers. A passive-variable high pass filter and hard-wire relay bypass completes the input signal conditioning. The phase reverse relay is available on all three inputs.
The opto-compressor features a minimum signal path design with twin Class A vacuum tube triodes for gain matching. The optical attenuator acts as a simple passive level controller. Full dynamic control from soft compression to hard-knee limiting can be achieved with threshold, ratio-compression, attack and release controls plus gain reduction selection on the large VU meter. Special spectral control including de-ess is available with the dual sweep mid EQ to side-chain switch. The EQ section can be flipped pre or post the opto-compressor via a front panel switch for alternate effects and tone shaping. Two VT-737SPs can be linked via a rear panel link cable for stereo tracking. The compressor bypass is a sealed silver relay for the most direct signal path.
Sweep-Equalizer and Output Level
The VT-737SP equalizer utilizes 100% discrete, Class A high-voltage transistors for optimum sonic performance. The high and low frequency bands provide the smooth characteristics of an all passive design, while the dual mid bands include variable frequency and switched Q-width selection. The enhanced range of the mid bands is extended into the high and low bands by the use of X10 frequency multipliers. The bypass switch incorporates a sealed silver relay for the most direct signal path. When the EQ to sidechain is engaged, the high-low EQ remains in the audio path for "tone enhancement". The output level control provides a variable control of the overall signal path. The output amplifier utilizes another dual triode vacuum tube driving a 100% discrete, Class A, high-current, balanced and DC coupled low noise output amplifier.
- Vacuum tube triode signal path
- Transformer balanced microphone input
- High-voltage circuits for maximum headroom to +30dB
- Low noise -92dB
- Internal discrete power supply with toroidal transformer
- Soft-start tube life extender
- Stereo link for compressors
- All discrete Class A equalizer with musical passive filter design
- Sealed silver relays for signal routing
- Large control knobs with professional conductive plastic potentiometers
- VU meter for output level monitoring and compressor gain reduction
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Avalon VT 737-SP #15007 (Used).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields