API 527 Compressor #2028-17 (Used)
The API 527 compressor is a single channel module based on API's 225L discrete channel compressor. The 527 features comprehensive controls including variable attack, release, ratio, and output gain controls. The unit also includes API's patented 'Thrust' circuit, first offered on the 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor. A 10 segment LED meter is switchable between gain reduction and output level.
"Anyone who has used the 225L compressor found in API consoles has expressed a longing for the same kind of flexibility and control in the 500 Series for some time" said Larry Droppa, President of API. "We're delighted to now offer the 527 to complement our vintage 525 compressor, which has been many engineers' favorite compressor over the years.
- Audio circuit uses the 2510 and 2520 Discrete Op Amps with transformer output
- Continuously variable detented Threshold control
- Continuously variable detented Attack and Release controls
- Continuously variable detented Ratio control
- Output Fader level control
- 10 segment VU/Gain Reduction meter with selector switch
- Overload LED
- "Link" switch for multiple unit interdependent compression linking
- "New"/"Old" switch for feed-forward or feed-back compression
- "Hard"/"Soft" compression curve knee switch
- Patented THRUST® switch for frequency dependent side chain control
- "IN" switch with hard relay bypass when in the "Out" position
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the API 527 Compressor #2028-17 (Used).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields