URS Classic Console Strip Pro - TDM – No Longer Available
Hands on Four Vintage Recording Consoles, Program EQs and Racks of Outboard Compressors digitally recreated in a single plug-in!
The URS Classic Console Strip Pro is a revolutionary new way of combining classic sounds into one unified channel strip. This modern concept allows the engineer to create hundreds of custom console starting points from the almost never ending palette of input stages, compressor/limiter and EQ choices all with near zero latency and full 48 bit Double Precision Processing.
Listen to what we believe is the most versatile and best sounding classic console strip that was never made before!
From the moment you put the URS Classic Console Strip Pro input stages in circuit you will hear the difference! Selectable Input Stage Algorithms digitally recreate the sound and characteristics of classic input stages to add warmth. The Input Stage Intensity control adjusts the Input Stage affect from 0-200%.
Thirty (30) input stages are presently included:
- Three Class A American input transformers
- Class A British input transformer
- Class A German input transformer
- Two Class A tube input stages
- 15ips 2" tape electronics/head bump
- 30ips 2" tape electronics/head bump
- 30ips 1/2" tape electronics/head bump
- Fifteen input transformer & tape combos
- Five Console Input/Summing Buss stages
Input Stage UnLock Function
The Input Stage Lock Function allows the Input Stage to be Locked from being changed by the Compressor Starting Points
In your face Interactive Signal Flow Button Display No confusion here!
The signal flow button display section shows the signal path of Compressor, Filters and EQ sections. The labeling of the buttons updates automatically as per the status of the Compressor and Filters section Pre/Post switches. In addition, each signal flow button acts as a bypass for the section it represents.
Independent Compressor, Filters and EQ sections
The Compressor, Filters and EQ sections are totally independent of each other featuring separate In/Out switching via the Signal Flow Button Display. The Compressor section is selectable between Pre/Post the EQ section. The Filters section is selectable Pre/Post /Sidechain the Compressor section.
Compressor/Limiter section features a custom designed versatile channel compressor that can match the sound and characteristics of Diode Bridge, VCA, Fet, Opto, Tube and Tape compression.
The compressor starting points are based on the most prized compressors limiters in recording studio history, The URS Classic Console Strip Pro features 14 classic console compressor/limiter models and 46 outboard compressor/limiter models.
The compressor starting points simultaneously change the input stage algorithms to suit the compressor preset.
The Compressor features fully adjustable Threshold, Ratio, Knee, Attack, Release and Gain Makeup. Adjustable from soft to aggressive!
Presently 60 Compressor presets are included:
- Two 1967 Americian Channel Comp presets
- Five 1970 British Channel Comp presets
- Two 1970 British Channel Limiter presets
- Five 1980 British VCA Channel Comp presets
- Five Fet presets
- Four Opto presets
- Room Mic preset
- Four Stress presets
- Five Tape Compression presets
- Twelve Tube Compression presets
- Seven American VCA presets
- Two Very-New presets
- Three Class A Buss Comp presets
- Three URS Classic Console Strip presets
The Seven Auto Release algorithms digitally recreate the most popular Vintage Compressor Program Dependent Release and Auto Releases modes.
The Seven Auto releases range from fast to slow.
- A1 - 1970 Fast Auto Release
- A2 - Opto3a Program Dependent Release
- A3 - 1970 Slow Auto Release
- A4 - Opto2a Program Dependent Release
- A5 - 1980 Auto Release
- A6 - Fet Program Dependent Release
- A7 - Tube Child Auto Release
- Six Classic VCA De-esser presets
- Two Drum VCA Ducker presets
- British Talkback Mic Preset
- Telephone preset
The URS Strip Pro features all new EQ Algorithm technology. The digitally recreated Analog EQs represent the cutting edge in EQ modeling.
EQ section digitally recreates the sound of four different analog consoles plus a Vintage Tube program EQ. All bands features fully sweepable frequency and "Q" bandwidth selection, The Mid range bands overlap over four octaves of frequency selection. The LF and HF EQ Bands are selectable Peak or Shelving.
Each EQ band presently selects from either:
- 1951 Program EQ - Tube
- 1967 Console EQ - American 4 Band
- 1970 Console EQ - British 3 band Class A
- 1972 Console EQ - British 4 band Class A/B
- 1980 Console EQ - British 4 Band
The URS Classic Console Strip Pro’s unified GUI allows room to add more Input Stages, Compressor and EQ algorithms as they are developed.
High Res 48 bit "Double Precision" processing
The URS Strip TDM version features Hi Resolution 48-bit TDM and URS Classic Console Strip Native features 64-bit "Double Precision" processing for increased clarity and headroom with unparalleled gain reduction. Hi Resolution "Double Precision" processing helps to avoid internal clipping in the Digital Domain.
Two Plug-ins included
The URS Strip Pro includes the super DSP efficient URS Strip version. We call the URS Classic Console Strip the "Easy Eight". The URS Classic Console Strip's eight knobs map perfectly to the Command 8, Digi002, ProjectMix I/O, ProControl, HUI and other popular controllers allowing for quick adjustments on individual tracks. The eight knobs map to Page table 1 and all other functions map to Page table 2.
- Pro Tools 7.4.x and Leopard OSX 10.5.x compatibility
- Pro Tools HD and LE 7.x.x and Tiger OSX 10.4.x PPC and Intel UB compatibility
- Pro Tools HD and LE 6.9.2 and Tiger OSX 10.3.9 PPC compatibility
- Pro Tools HD and LE 6.x.x - 6.9 and Panther OSX 10.2.1 PPC compatibility
- Pro Tools M-Powered LE version 7.x.x compatibility
- Macintosh OSX TDM, RTAS and Audio Units supported!
- Windows XP TDM, RTAS and VST supported!
- Full Pro Tools TDM support for Pro Tools|HD Accel and Pro Tools|HD
- Full 192 kHz support for TDM, RTAS and AudioSuite versions
- Full D Command, ProControl, Control|24, Command|8, 003 and Digi 002 support
- Full ICON Console Control Surface support — including center section Dynamics panel
- Supports Mbox 2 Pro Mbox 2, Mbox Mini, 003, 003 Rack, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, Pro Tools|24 MIX, Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel and M-Audio Interfaces.
- Variable input stage algorithms with Intesity adjust 0-200%
- Compressor Threshold Leve - Variable
- Variable Compressor Ratio 1.1:1, 1.2:1, 1.3:1, 1.4:1, 1.5:1,1.6:1, 1.7:1, 1.8:1. 1.9:1 2:1, 2.5:1, 3:1, 3.5:1, 4:1. 4.5:1, 5:1, 5.5:1, 6:1, 6.5:1, 7:1, 8:1, 9:1, 10:1, 20:1, 35:1, 50:1, 100:1
- Variable Compressor Knee - from Hard to Soft
- Variable Compressor Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Compressor Release Time 100ms - 1500ms.
- Compressor Gain Make up Output Control
- Compressor section selectable Pre or Post EQ section
- Sweepable LF Sweep between 35hz and 500hz - Peak or Shelf
- Sweepable LMF Sweep between 200hz to 7.5k
- Sweepable HMF Sweep between 200hz to 7.5k
- Sweepable HF Sweep between 1.5k and 20k - Peak or Shelf
- All EQ Bands Cut/Boost -15db - +15db
- Variable Hi-pass Filter - EQ section or Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20hz to 5K
- Variable Lo-pass Filter EQ section or Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20Khz to 1k
- Signal Flow section In / Out Bypass switches for Compressor, Filters and EQ
- Master Line Input Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db
- Master Line Output Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db
- Gain Reduction Meter - selectable Limiter, Compressor or both
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters
- Strip Pro Instances - 5 per HD Accel chip and 2 Instances per HD chip
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-in Type||EQ, Dynamics|
|Plug-In Format||TDM, RTAS, AU, VST|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the URS Classic Console Strip Pro - TDM.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields